Bristol Show (Thornbury) This weekend 3rd - 5th May

dasatcopthorne

Havn't seen anything about this show on here yet.

It opens Friday but is NOT open Bank Holiday Monday. Check the times.

We're there with Villefranche-la-Chapelle.

Dave

Carshalton & Sutton MRC.

Follow us on;

Facebook:  Carshalton & Sutton Model Railway Club

Twitter:       @ModelRailSutton

Instagram:    modelrailsutton

Visit:           http://csmrc.co.uk

DAV_7003.JPG

20180415_092823.jpg

• Like 2

I'm there with Tormouth Quay, far right-hand corner of Hall 2, adjacent to Wizard Models & Modelmania.

Please call by & say 'hello'.

Better still, call by, say 'hello', stay for a while & have a play with my trainset.  Give me a chance to put my leg up for a while  -  it's a   l-o-n-g   weekend.

image.png.42779f0650ad236d54139e810f98c451.png

photo courtesy Chris Nevard/Model Rail

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

23 hours ago, devonseasider said:

I'm there with Tormouth Quay, far right-hand corner of Hall 2, adjacent to Wizard Models & Modelmania.

Please call by & say 'hello'.

Better still, call by, say 'hello', stay for a while & have a play with my trainset.  Give me a chance to put my leg up for a while  -  it's a   l-o-n-g   weekend.

image.png.42779f0650ad236d54139e810f98c451.png

photo courtesy Chris Nevard/Model Rail

I'll be right next to you with my layout, St Kenvince! 

See you tomorrow! 

NSE 47 RMWEB.JPG

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Spent a few hours at Thornbury today. Much enjoyed and shopping list ticked off....some of my photos are here:

Bristol Ackthorpe.JPG

Bristol Rolvenden.JPG

Bristol Streatwell.JPG

Bristol Railroad Crossing.JPG

Bristol Railroad Crossing 2.JPG

Bristol Bleadon.JPG

Bristol Bleadon 2.JPG

Bristol Bleadon 3.JPG

Bristol Mostyn 1.JPG

Bristol Mostyn 2.JPG

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Spent a few hours there earlier this evening. 

If you are thinking of going this weekend you will not be disappointed.   The organisers have outdone themselves this year,  the selection of layouts for this year is the best of recent years.  Nice to see a good selection of O Gauge layouts,  my favorite layouts  were Mostyn, Cadham bay, 45C Westlands (look for 49002!) and Dalry Road.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I am looking forward to going tomorrow (Sunday). I went last year for the first time in a while and felt there was a definite uptick in the quality of exhibition as a whole, as well as it being more spacious.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

An excellent exhibition at Thornbury this year for the Bristol Model Railway Exhibition 2019. Gets better and better each year, very well organised, spacious and fast becoming my favourite show of the year. Highlights of all the layouts below

Bristol Model Railway Exhibition 2019 - Part 1

Bristol Model Railway Exhibition 2019 - Part 2

Bristol Model Railway Exhibition 2019 - Part 3

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Met Downendian and Pierre for a 4 hour stint yesterday at the show

Probably woffled too much - but always need a chat with Brian Hanson - the 4 hours flew by and most of it was spent in front of Mostyn, which has already been said is stunning.

And got some essential bits and pieces too

A great show

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I visited on Friday and was pleased to see a good number of outstanding layouts on show - Bridgwater, Mostyn and Kunzebrucke being among my favourites.

Here are my videos :

Thank you to all the organisers and exhibitors for a great show!

Edited by ba14eagle
video link malfunction!
  • Like 1

Well, Amiens is safely back at home after a wonderful 3 day at the show. Was great to meet a number of you guys

Massive thanks to all the organisers and team for putting on such a wonderful show! Spent far to much on trade ;)

Managed to get away from the layout just enough to put a video together. 

Hope it's of interest! 

https://youtu.be/u_jGlZIql78

IMG_20190504_172741-01.jpeg

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 2

Thanks to the organisers of the Bristol Show.

We had a great weekend operating Villefranch-La-Chapelle.

Great welcome and terrific show.

To our surprise, on Sunday morning we discovered the layout had won 'The Dave Teall Trophy' for Best Non-British Prototype Layout.

Congratulations to the builder and our club member, Graham Broad.

Thank you everybody that voted for us.

If you would like to have Villefranche at you show please make contact as below.

Follow us on;

Facebook:  Carshalton & Sutton Model Railway Club

Twitter:       @ModelRailSutton

Instagram:    modelrailsutton

Visit:           http://csmrc.co.uk

IMG_20190505_101519_576.jpg

20190505_101851.jpg

• Like 2

A look at some of the latest models and prototypes from Bachmann Europe, filmed on their Roadshow Stand at the Bristol Model Railway Exhibition 2019. 
Models featured, included the all new GWR 94XX Pannier Tank )0-6-0PT, MR 1532 1P 0-4-4T, NER E1 / J72 Class 0-6-0T and Ransomes & Rapier 45 Ton Breakdown Crane, plus much more, as well as many other exciting developments cross the range.
Hope you enjoy!
https://youtu.be/8p5rRhmpUZs

IMG_20190504_173517-01.jpeg

• Like 2

I was unable to attend this year but I was surprised at the lack of comments (both good or bad) about this years exhibition.  Bristol is acknowledged as one of the top West Country shows.  By this time last year there had been 51 comments but this year it is only 16.  Someone who went to Ally Pally this year also noticed there were quite a few layouts 'missing'.  Is this a 'sign of the times' for railway modelling in general? 

• RMweb Gold

I went there for a couple of hours on Sunday. I thought it was an excellent show with a good range of layouts, and plenty of variety. Opening up the third hall makes for more room and a less cramped atmosphere - I've found it very claustrophobic in previous years. I'd have gladly stayed a while longer but had to make a short visit this year.

A bit late after the show but a well done to the organizers, we enjoyed exhibiting Railroad Crossing, it was a four hour drive from Kent and quite long exhibition days but well worth it. Looking forward to retuning next year, all being well, with my Fulton Terminal layout, it looked to me to be a good attendance, some shows in the south east seem to die early Sunday afternoon. For me a mixed bag of layouts some excellent, some not so, I was particularly taken with Ackthorpe with its emptys in, loads out operation good selection of traders as well.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

One thing that I really liked about this exhibition was the use of barriers. Perfect for leaning on and watching the trains go by.

Plenty of inspiration to be had, too. Nice to chat to everyone!

I had meant to go and say hi to the EM gauge guys but couldn't actually find their stand, think it was in a space I didn't go into.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Corbs said:

One thing that I really liked about this exhibition was the use of barriers. Perfect for leaning on and watching the trains go by.

Plenty of inspiration to be had, too. Nice to chat to everyone!

I had meant to go and say hi to the EM gauge guys but couldn't actually find their stand, think it was in a space I didn't go into.

Turn left at the entrance, go past the cafe and toilets, they were then a bit further down towards Squires. Most of the association and society stands are along that aisle.

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Corbs said:

Doh, I didn't go that far down the aisle! 

Neither did quite a lot of people unfortunately. We were a little quiet down there.

It's only a niggle though. It was a great show this year and huge improvement on previous years from a finescale point of view

• Like 2