Jump to content

Colin_McLeod

Did I do something wrong or is the DJM announcement thread gone?

Recommended Posts

I can't find the DJM 1st May announcement thread. Could I have inadvertently blocked it from view or has it been removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I can't find the DJM 1st May announcement thread. Could I have inadvertently blocked it from view or has it been removed?

Still there for me, just below this. 

 

Link:

 

 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Add link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help!

 

How does one unblock a thread when one does not even know how to block it from view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Help!

 

How does one unblock a thread when one does not even know how to block it from view?

Try listing all activity, this results a very long list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From reading comments on that thread above I would hazard a guess that someone at RMWeb accidentally posted the actual announcement early, that has now gone again (presumably for another 6 minutes), so you've done nothing wrong if you're looking for the actual announcement thread, not the thread announcing the announcement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, njee20 said:

From reading comments on that thread above I would hazard a guess that someone at RMWeb accidentally posted the actual announcement early, that has now gone again (presumably for another 6 minutes), so you've done nothing wrong if you're looking for the actual announcement thread, not the thread announcing the announcement.

No he meant the thread about the announcement, I doubt there will be an RMWeb announcement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I meant the thread announcing the announcement.  When I sign out of RMweb I can see it, but not now that I am signed in again.

 

 

The six o'clock news has just started.  No mention of Dj Models in the headlines!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks adb968008

 

All sorted now. I must have accidently ignored the thread. (Isn't computer English wonderful)

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Colin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you were expecting something positive, then don't unblock the thread! 

  • Agree 6
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vistisen said:

if you were expecting something positive, then don't unblock the thread! 


Too late.  :(

I am stunned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:


Too late.  :(

I am stunned.

Arent we all mate, arent we all.

 

I havent ignored any threads yet but that one is likely to be first if only because his interpretation of the laws surrounding IP ownership are so wide of the mark as to be quite funny in a sad sort of way.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet Dave Jones would pay a tidy sum to Andy Y to make the thread go away and try and put the genie back in the bottle :mocking_mini::diablo_mini:

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too late. That ship has well and truly sailed, torpedoed itself and sunk.

 

It will be interesting to see what the hobby media to whom his rambling nonsense was sent at the same time make of all this!

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Too late. That ship has well and truly sailed, torpedoed itself and sunk.

 

It will be interesting to see what the hobby media to whom his rambling nonsense was sent at the same time make of all this!

 

I think they'll generally ignore it . Really at the end of the day it was as you say rambling nonsense  so will probably not make the cut.  I get he was trying to protect his existing Designs , I'm not sure he will succeed with that, but the original message went much further , duplication etc .  Really he should have kept it to himself .

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank ......... that's a nice succinct summary - rather than the twenty eight pages ( and counting ) of the thread itself !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know, I'm quite enjoying the thread.  Fortunately I decided against joining the APT crowdfunding as I had no need of a celebrity £1k unit and as Heljan had announced the AL6, the £1k could be spent on a fleet of them.  As others have said, you know it's sad, you know you shouldn't be a , but you can't help but watch.

I imagine 28+ pages in two days must be a non-frothfest record for RMweb.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2019 at 09:17, jjb1970 said:

I bet Dave Jones would pay a tidy sum to Andy Y to make the thread go away and try and put the genie back in the bottle :mocking_mini::diablo_mini:

 

But he’d have to crowd fund it first.

  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Boco_D1 said:

 

But he’d have to crowd fund it first.

Try this 

 

IMG_2929.PNG

  • Funny 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wombatofludham said:

As others have said, you know it's sad, you know you shouldn't be a , but you can't help but watch.

 

Like a RTA or, more apropos, a train wreck.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we have a thread about a thread, which itself is about an announcement about an announcement! :)

  • Like 2
  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2019 at 09:36, John M Upton said:

Too late. That ship has well and truly sailed, torpedoed itself and sunk.

 

It will be interesting to see what the hobby media to whom his rambling nonsense was sent at the same time make of all this!

Happily, these days, that's not my call. I've passed the bargepole to others. (CJL)

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.