Colouring metcalfe window frames.

I'm going to build a metcalfe models warehouse and wondered if there was an easy way to colour the window frames as I dont want them bright white? 

I might try a wash of paint but dont want to colour the actual window too much, I'm sure I see a post on here where somebody has done it but cant remember where.

Steve

4 minutes ago, sb67 said:

I'm going to build a metcalfe models warehouse and wondered if there was an easy way to colour the window frames as I dont want them bright white? 

I might try a wash of paint but dont want to colour the actual window too much, I'm sure I see a post on here where somebody has done it but cant remember where.

Steve

Hi

Hope all's well....

Would water colour pencils give a light wash of  colour....?

Regards always....

Bob

• Thanks 1

Hi, I have used a product here in Oz called "Distress Ink", massive range of colours in the form of ink pads, applied by sponge pad for larger areas.

I stole the first one to try from my wife's collection, normally available from papercraft shops, I am sure they would be available in the UK (It is probably where they come from)

2197.jpg.0fa2f7d2ba72bc3bae6311742acc6080.jpg

Not near my layout at the moment so can't show you where I have used it, but certainly worth checking out.

Regards

Kevan

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I've got some watercolour pencils and I'll  have a look for that ink. I did try an acrylic wash of paint but it didn't really work.

Steve.

Edited by sb67

• 4 weeks later...

I have had considerable success using Derwent water  colour pencils DRY at a shallow  angle. They adhere quite  well to the white print surface , any over colour on the panes can be wiped off with a damp cotton bud.

Somewhere on here is a Metcalfe pub I kitbashed ten years ago!

Douglas

• Thanks 1

On 27/05/2019 at 18:30, Chubber said:

I have had considerable success using Derwent water  colour pencils DRY at a shallow  angle. They adhere quite  well to the white print surface , any over colour on the panes can be wiped off with a damp cotton bud.

Somewhere on here is a Metcalfe pub I kitbashed ten years ago!

Douglas

@sb67 You can find Doug's Metcalfe pub here:

Best Wishes, 

Andrew

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1