Loksound 5 Reblow?

meatloaf

Recently got another of my 25s sound fitted at olivias last week. Its a Lokasound 5 with there sound file. Im not really overly happy with the sound. The engine noise is fairly quiet and I cant really hear it over the sound of the rolling stock behind it going along the track. The horns whistles etc are all pretty loud. Ive put it on max volume and its not really made any difference. Also, it dosent seem to 'rev' ( not sure if that's the correct term ) when it pulls off and it seems to lack the distinctive sound of a rat at full thrash. Idle sounds spot on.

Bit strange really as I have another 25 that had Bachmann factory fitted sound on a loksound 4, I had that reblown at olivias as it used to move, then rev and release the brakes. The sound on that ones spot on after it was reblown to olivias sound so I don't know if its an issue with the soundfile not quite getting on with the newer decoder.

So is there anywhere doing reblows yet for LS 5? Preferably somewhere that can do it while I wait and not more than an hour or twos drive from stoke

36 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Recently got another of my 25s sound fitted at olivias last week. Its a Lokasound 5 with there sound file. Im not really overly happy with the sound. The engine noise is fairly quiet and I cant really hear it over the sound of the rolling stock behind it going along the track. The horns whistles etc are all pretty loud. Ive put it on max volume and its not really made any difference. Also, it dosent seem to 'rev' ( not sure if that's the correct term ) when it pulls off and it seems to lack the distinctive sound of a rat at full thrash. Idle sounds spot on.

Bit strange really as I have another 25 that had Bachmann factory fitted sound on a loksound 4, I had that reblown at olivias as it used to move, then rev and release the brakes. The sound on that ones spot on after it was reblown to olivias sound so I don't know if its an issue with the soundfile not quite getting on with the newer decoder.

So is there anywhere doing reblows yet for LS 5? Preferably somewhere that can do it while I wait and not more than an hour or twos drive from stoke

Hi Meatloaf .

Bif / DC kits will be at the Bristol show tomorrow and Sunday ( not actually in Bristol but just off the A38 in Thornbury BS35 3JB according to their website )

I would imagine it would just about fit in the 2 hour travel time limit using the M6/M5 on a good day .

They usually reblow the chip within a couple of hours of receiving it and while they are doing that, you can have a look around at what is a really good and large show .

Worth the visit if you ask me .

Albie 

• Like 1

Others have had problems with some suppliers' sound projects on v5s - see separate thread 

It appears that projects that were on v3.5s and v4s need to be updated for the v5 chip which some suppliers have not done, resulting sounds behaving strangely!

Before ordering a reblow onto a v5 it may be an idea to ask whether sound files have been updated. 

5 hours ago, cravensdmufan said:

It appears that projects that were on v3.5s and v4s need to be updated for the v5 chip which some suppliers have not done, resulting sounds behaving strangely!

Before ordering a reblow onto a v5 it may be an idea to ask whether sound files have been updated. 

Any file transferred from v4-v5 NEEDS to be updated as some functions and setting are either changed or have been removed and replaced.

A v4-v5 steam file can have around 9 or so changes depending on the original file.

Wiggy.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Richard Croft said:

I believe Legomanbiffo will be at Swadlincote for the DEMU show next weekend which is pretty close to you? he could reblow it whilst you wait. I've had around 30 V5 sound files off him now and not had any issues.

Richard

Sounds like a plan cheers mate

1 hour ago, Richard Croft said:

I believe Legomanbiffo will be at Swadlincote for the DEMU show next weekend which is pretty close to you? he could reblow it whilst you wait. I've had around 30 V5 sound files off him now and not had any issues.

Richard

Richard,

I think the DEMU show is June, first weekend?

Might be wrong but the web site says it is IF we are talking about the same show.

He will most likely be at Derby next weekend.

Wiggy.

Edited by wiggy1

On 04/05/2019 at 15:56, meatloaf said:

Looking at the trader list for derby I don't think biffo will be there.

http://www.mmrg.org.uk/exhibitions/

The Legomanbiffo stand is always on the DC Kits stand, we supply the shows with all our info, some add Legoman as a stand, others just include the total stand as dckits-devideos as per our website,  SEE YOU THERE, BIFFO AND GANG.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charliepetty said:

The Legomanbiffo stand is always on the DC Kits stand, we supply the shows with all our info, some add Legoman as a stand, others just include the total stand as dckits-devideos as per our website,  SEE YOU THERE, BIFFO AND GANG.  

cheers ill be coming on the sunday morning :)

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:28, charliepetty said:

Hi mate

Had it done this morning and it sounds a lot better than it did before.

I forgot to get a function sheet, can you point me in the right direction I can only find v4 25 version 22 whereas mine had v5 25 version 23a

thanks Charlie ive looked on the site and it links to the loksound 4 sheet, version 22. I need version 23a.

Also, when io want to stop it literally takes 2 or 3 circuits t come to a stand still, even when using f5 for braking. Do I leave f5 on or keep pressing it. Ive tried both but dosent really make a difference

There will be little or no difference in the F key layout between v22 and v23a. I think 22-23 was the addition of the manual brake (still on F5). 23a was CV tweaks necessitated by the v5 chip, which didn't affect the F key layout.

The severity of the brake is a user-selectable function controlled by CV179. If you increase the value it will make the loco stop more quickly. Maximum value is 255.

Hope this helps,

Bif

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

19 hours ago, legomanbiffo said:

There will be little or no difference in the F key layout between v22 and v23a. I think 22-23 was the addition of the manual brake (still on F5). 23a was CV tweaks necessitated by the v5 chip, which didn't affect the F key layout.

The severity of the brake is a user-selectable function controlled by CV179. If you increase the value it will make the loco stop more quickly. Maximum value is 255.

Hope this helps,

Bif

Thanks biff :)