G.C.R Model Event 14/15/16 JUNE 2019

Hairy Bear Digital

https://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/layouts/To be held on the 14/15 and 16th June 2019.

Main Event area -  Quorn,  between 65 and 70 layouts,Traders and demo stands.

Loughborough -  16mm live steam, G gauge and Railwayana traders.

Rothley  -  Model engineering, gauge 3 and GCR’s resident garden railway

1 Day  £20,  2 Day £38  and  3 Day £56 , entrance fee which includes unlimited rides on trains between stations.

Open 10 til 17.00 Fri and Sat.  10 til 16.00 Sunday.

Parking very limited at Loughboro', Rothley and Leicester  but 10acre field available at Quorn(Woodhouse/Forrest Road Quorn) for £5 where majority of the layouts are.

Layouts so far (All liable to late change)..-  http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/layouts/

Traders        -            http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/traders/

Parking   -  http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/venues/

Tickets and Timetables  -  http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/buy-tickets/

Edited by Hairy Bear Digital
Links Corrected

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Any chance we could have a list of layouts and traders attending as the links provided don’t seem to work.

Many Thanks

Eltel 

• RMweb Premium

It would help to include the scales of layouts unless you're supposed to either know already or not care.

The Friends of the GCR will be there but not listed with the N gauge 'Unify' Bridge model.

The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point will be attending the show - oo gauge.

I have 4 operators for the Friday and 5 for the Saturday and Sunday. I have 3 other spaces for operators if anyone is interested. I would really appreciate some assistance to allow us to have a short break now and then during the show. If you are travelling from afar then there is likely to be hotel space going aswell. 

The layout is dcc and the operating system is ztc and simple to learn if you haven't used it before. If you (and perhaps a colleague) would be interested in assisting and getting access to the show, please send me a PM as soon as possible. There are a number of R M Webbers who have commented on the layout and perhaps would like to operate. I can send on details of the layout and the control system if required. Many thanks and hopefully some of you can assist - Max

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/05/2019 at 15:17, ELTEL said:

Any chance we could have a list of layouts and traders attending as the links provided don’t seem to work.

Many Thanks

Eltel 

Legomanbiffo will not be there, as are so busy on mailorder it getting out of control here.   If anyone wants anything the Website Ordering  section is available, see:  https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=68

Ian & Charlie

Whats all this rumour about certain societies and maybe other stands being dropped after booking a space in favour of a large retailer/manufacturer?

I was going to go but parking on that field after all this rain - I don't think so.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Chris M said:

Whats all this rumour about certain societies and maybe other stands being dropped after booking a space in favour of a large retailer/manufacturer?

I was going to go but parking on that field after all this rain - I don't think so.

You could get there by train!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Chris M said:

If you're going to start a rumour, could you be a bit more precise please?

• RMweb Premium

It would be nice if someone from the GCR could give a update on car parking due to all the wet weather and to confirm what if any car parking charges will be applicable.

i have no problem in parking charges but it should be made clear.

Eltel

Just looked up train fares from my local station to Loughborough - for some odd reason it says I need multiple tickets for some journeys when I am on the same route with every option using the same companies.

Anyway if i go by train I can get there before 10 and then it's a 20 minute walk to the GCR.

7 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

It would be nice if someone from the GCR could give a update on car parking due to all the wet weather and to confirm what if any car parking charges will be applicable.

i have no problem in parking charges but it should be made clear.

Eltel

Parking is £5 - http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/modelevent/venues/

They recommend Quorn - which according the above posts is a field on a hill and we're in for three days of torrential rain

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi 

Thanks for that I after writing the post found the information.

Im a little concerned about the car parking arrangements following all the rain, as I remember the field used is on a slope.

Am I able to get there by public transport?

Traveling from Stafford 

Eltel 

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Chris M said:

Please don’t be put off.It is a remarkably good show and well worth the effort .I too .....and I live just a 30 minutes drive away and obviously am concerned by what might be difficult .Do consider coming by rail to Loughborough and then a walk to the GCR station .

43 minutes ago, ELTEL said:

Hi 

Thanks for that I after writing the post found the information.

Im a little concerned about the car parking arrangements following all the rain, as I remember the field used is on a slope.

Am I able to get there by public transport?

Traveling from Stafford 

Eltel 

Stafford-New St-Leicester-Loughborough - couple of hours.

Also Stafford-Tamworth-Nottingham-Loughborough and Stafford-Nuneaton-Leicester-Loughborough.

Definitely a journey to plan carefully so you dont get stuck somewhere for ages.

Edited by woodenhead