G.C.R Model Event 14/15/16 JUNE 2019

Hairy Bear Digital

22 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Please don’t be put off.It is a remarkably good show and well worth the effort .I too .....and I live just a 30 minutes drive away and obviously am concerned by what might be difficult .Do consider coming by rail to Loughborough and then a walk to the GCR station .

Yes, please don't be put off, I only mentioned the field possibly being wet just to forewarn anyone. I shall be going whatever the weather - it really is a great show and a great day out

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

After a bit of research as I live at Stone Nr Stafford is to travel by car to Blythe Bridge 

Train to Loughborough from Blythe Bridge changing at Derby  with senior citizens card just over a tenner.

We will see what stare the car parking is on Friday before making my travel plans for Saturday 

I also need to get my pass as I am a layout operator.

hey ho 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, reggie said:

Yes, please don't be put off, I only mentioned the field possibly being wet just to forewarn anyone. I shall be going whatever the weather - it really is a great show and a great day out

Being a seasoned Motorhome user I know all about wet weather and parking on fields.

Also being the former exhibition manager and now part of exhibition team at Stafford  I’m am well aware of parking problems on rain soaked parking areas  (and ours is flat and level)

Each year at Stafford we have a Landrover on site plus back up from the Showground 

Will the GCR be making similar arrangements?

Eltel

The field in question is used for all major GCR events for car parking. It's not a one time thing for the Model Show.

In my experence of parking there after heavy rain for a Winter Gala it's got a surprisingly hard base. I've not seen anyone getting stuck.

My personal recommendation is to park in thr high areas around the edge. The parking steward normally advises the best location.

Edited by LNERandBR
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

There is also a car park at Rothley station to the south....next stop down the line.Not large though 

Think you will find that there are tents set up in the car park there for the "model engineering"/large scale displays, so there may be no parking available.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I understand Michael Stokes is firing up 'Fiery Elias' his ex-Teddy Boston steam roller to provide banking assistance to any cars which get stuck in the field. That should work....

Air conditioning is not required in the marquee this year.

Dava

• RMweb Premium

My layout ‘Linden Grove’ is waiting to be loaded in the van.  It is surprising just how much work has been needed to make sure everything ready - test locos then make repairs and adjustments, clean wheels and pick ups, adjust couplings,  get track spotless, set up layout and check everything works, get new curtain for the front, etc etc. I’ve been working on it for three months to make sure it is ready. Just hope I have no glitches over the three days.  I’m camping so hoping it doesn’t rain.

• Friendly/supportive 1

We prepped Tytton Hall Yard at the club night last week. Its sat in the clubroom waiting to be loaded up tomorrow.

I've been working on a new church for it. Final painting was done last night:

IMG-20190611-WA0004.jpeg.ad82a8a14303afc1a4976e64d60de9c7.jpeg

Edited by LNERandBR
  • Like 3

We are ready and the car is pack.

We are bringing Villefranche la Chapelle up from Sutton, Surrey.

See you there.

Carshalton & Sutton MRC

Follow us on;

Facebook:  Carshalton & Sutton Model Railway Club

Twitter:       @ModelRailSutton

Instagram:    modelrailsutton

Visit:           http://csmrc.co.uk

DAV_7003.JPG

• Like 1

I’m coming all the way from Swindon tomorrow ....83 Miles in my car.

hoping it’s not a quagmire in the tent ....do they have flooring or will I get wet feet ?.

hoping this is as good as I think it will be. Used to like riding this line when I lived near Northampton , bit closer then .

16 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I’m coming all the way from Swindon tomorrow ....83 Miles in my car.

hoping it’s not a quagmire in the tent ....do they have flooring or will I get wet feet ?.

hoping this is as good as I think it will be. Used to like riding this line when I lived near Northampton , bit closer then .

The floor is about 2-3 foot off the ground. 

• RMweb Gold

Yep i shall be there hoping to see all the lovely layouts, pick up a few bargains and hopefully drum up some business for my resprays business - Bens Resprays......

I may be stuck in the field tho but hey ho - we're british and its what we do !!!