'Uffexe' - Devonian small space 7mm branch line

Aureol

‘spotters eye view. The halt is largely complete, amazing the difference a name board makes. Some further detailing to follow but need to crack on moving up the line, dairy complex next!

9D18CBBF-D625-4318-9DD7-E0815A7DCDF4.jpeg

Edited by Aureol
  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Very well spent hour mocking up the creamery from cardboard box. PVA bottles will be the stainless steel tanks eventually. Need to live with this for a bit before building for real.

First concreting done between the rails on the creamery siding - polyfilla, PVA and some N-gauge ballast mixed in - then back and forth scribing with a coffee stirrer template to clear the flangeway. 

Giles

F29C156F-8FF3-489C-A57F-8F07F1EE3562.jpeg

Edited by Aureol
  • Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

As someone who is contemplating a move to 7mm, this thread is proving to be very useful indeed. 

Great work. 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

As someone who is contemplating a move to 7mm, this thread is proving to be very useful indeed. 

Great work. 

Rob

Do it. The "senior scale" is great for all types of modelling, whether it be kits, scratch-builds, kit-bashing, and there is a growing number of excellent RTR models to get yourself started. I generally recommend starting with an RTR tank engine and building some wagon kits. After that, the sky is the limit.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, hartleymartin said:

Do it. The "senior scale" is great for all types of modelling, whether it be kits, scratch-builds, kit-bashing, and there is a growing number of excellent RTR models to get yourself started. I generally recommend starting with an RTR tank engine and building some wagon kits. After that, the sky is the limit.

I do love the phrase 'senior scale' with my eyesight I think i should have gone for Gauge 1 :D

• Friendly/supportive 2

15 hours ago, hartleymartin said:

Small RTR is a bit limited to industrial or GWR. If you follow other railways it gets you into kit building. 

Hi Giles. If I had known that you were at the Exeter show we could have met up for a chat and to arrange your visit to see Ramchester. Never mind I will be in touch very soon after my hospital surgery on Monday.

Rod

On 03/07/2019 at 21:02, railwayrod said:

Hi Giles. If I had known that you were at the Exeter show we could have met up for a chat and to arrange your visit to see Ramchester. Never mind I will be in touch very soon after my hospital surgery on Monday.

Rod

Rod,

it it was an unplanned visit to the show in amongst boring chores including looking for a new kitchen! Hope the surgery went well i’ll drop you a message.

Giles

Finally got onto painting etc. Guttering and downpipes are in, roofing and windows done, weathering largely done. Glazing and fine detailing to come.

I need a couple of small lamps above the doorways - struggling to find anything that’s not LED, I don’t need ‘real’ lighting. Any suggestions?

That’s now two of the three creamery buildings done.

My first engine is arriving this week too!

Giles

6963F348-ED61-4392-A48E-252D2728CA00.jpeg

66EDA014-4B1F-4C32-9CB7-D605A478A94E.jpeg

Edited by Aureol
  • Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

27 minutes ago, 81A Oldoak said:

I use Ratio 4mm scale swan-neck lamps for small lamps above doors in 7mm scale. Here some examples on my Cwm Bach and Tonfanau Camp layouts. 

Regards,

Chris

Signal Box details_002.jpg

Booking Office finished-002.jpg

Nissen_Hut_A_Coy_3.jpg

Chris,

Ace thanks, they look perfect despite the difference in scale.

Giles

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, steve W said:

I think that's hedging your bets. If it dries clear that's great; else it's an overflow from the adjacent dairy.:biggrin_mini2:

Steve W

I will post minute by minute update #pvagate