Gearbox prolems

Wonder if  someone could help me

? I have two Bachmann g  scale locos, which were running perfectly for a couple of years on my garden railway. However, for various reasons I have stored them for the last 3 years. Recently, I have tried to run both of them on the railway but although power seems to be there, they will not move. I would be grateful of any advice forthcoming, thank you. Bill. 

Thanks for your advice, having recovered from my initial disappointment I have gone back to examine the locos more closely. It appears that the motor is running OK, the firebox light is on and the nylon? gears in the gearbox are turning. The wheels are free to turn but the gears are not driving the wheels. 

I fitted a Bachmann replacement axle with a brass gear wheel in my Consolidation in 2015 in 2005.  Replacing the gear and axle in the consolidation is reasonably  straightforward but a major stripdown. The Mogul is a bit more complicated on account of the inside Stephensons motion .

If you are unable to source replacements form Bachmann North West Shortline manufacture a replacement derlin gear NWSL Part No 2226-6  for my Consolidation

http://nebula.wsimg.com/fccfcd478cf207c2eb8227b18669cea9?AccessKeyId=08BEE66B97B387F20C0D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

• 2 months later...

Have managed to replace the gear wheel/axle, used one of several photo/instructions, available off the Internet, which were a great help. Just need to keep an eye on the small screws, etc. I'll post a photo on a future running session. Bill

• 7 months later...

I have finally got round to replaceing the final drive gear on the second loco, the mogul. I was fortunate to obtain it from a private seller via eBay. Strangely this time the task seemed easier, even considering the inside valve gear, again following the instructions and picture sequence, available on the Internet. 

I purchased two moguls new when first released but due my outdoor railway being under construction could not test them.  When I finally got to run them one ran two metres and sat there with the motor whirring away.  The second mogul did not even move it just had the sound of a motor disconnected from its drive.  Given that I purchased these when first released they cost me $1000.00 Aud each.  I was able to eventually source some NWSL delrin gears and fit them after the annoyance of having expensive shelf queens languishing in their boxes had subsided.