Where has everyone gone?

I know it isn't a DCC question but it does seem strange that what was a very active forum is becoming less and less active each day. Is it because the mail system is so slow in informing people that  post has been made, or a reply has been made to a thread that it is making it impossible to hold a conversation?

It could also be that no-one has any issues any more but that would seem strange in itself, so why has the DCC area gone so quiet?

Iain

• Like 1

Ooh ... ooh ... I'm still here and I do have a question (DCC related): Can anyone advise me what the turn-around time is for a factory repair of an ECoS? I have one to go back (just don't ask what happened, m'kay :().

Cheers,

Philip

Edit: Sorry - just spotted, I should have posted this in the 'Help' section.

Edited by Philou
Wrong section

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, WIMorrison said:

I know it isn't a DCC question but it does seem strange that what was a very active forum is becoming less and less active each day. Is it because the mail system is so slow in informing people that  post has been made, or a reply has been made to a thread that it is making it impossible to hold a conversation?

It could also be that no-one has any issues any more but that would seem strange in itself, so why has the DCC area gone so quiet?

Iain

Can't speak for others but having bought my first set of DCC gear over Easter ever since I've been too busy with non-modelling matters to even open the pack! There will be queries but not until the next SLS Journal typeset file is off to the printer later this week.

I'm still here!  Following DCC topics with interest, but maybe not posting questions so often now that I have got to grips with it all.

Maybe now that DCC has become a more "normal" form of control people are not so afraid it!

• Agree 2

I think that its because most of the people have now got reliable systems and have worked out how to use them, as I have been using DCC for nearly 25 years I very rarely have any problems but when I have I can nearly always get an answer from this forum in under 24 hours. Many thanks to those that take the time and trouble to answer any questions.

Regards mike 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I check in and look at all the DCC & electronics related posts pretty much every day, but I don't have any questions for this category for now.

The bit of time I get for working on models is at present occupied with building a 7mm Class 55 & my posts are mostly relating to finding parts suppliers for obscure (to me at least) parts and materials..

[eg. True scale mesh for the roof fans, anyone?]

I'll probably be posting somewhere around here once it's approaching complete - it's having dual loksound 5 XLs, (with Bif's Deltic sound) and each with its own ESU smoke unit, to give true independent engine control.

I suspect that is going to cause some serious configuration headaches...

Rob.

Deltic_shell.JPG

• Like 1

I'm still here too.

The weather down in West Devon has been pretty good recently so I've not spent much modeling time, I've been out and about instead.

What time I've had I've been trialing iTrain so most of my recent forum time has been on the iTrain support forum.

I'm still here.

However lack of overtime at work means lack of extra spends for model railway.

Although that's being looked at as the person who is supposed to cover days off is always available to cover mine, yet seemingly never available for someone else - who then gets all the overtime.

I spend a deal of time reading this forum but maybe there a lot of newbies like me who have a lot to learn so read but don't post much. Having said that, I have asked a number of questions and have always received helpful advice within a short time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

In fact we need to change topic area by also present mfx system.

Why just only speaking and writing DCC?? 

Today you can also use mfx protocol with the two rail system.

Märklin did released mfx protocol for the market.

This should make more interesting here in the forum by discuss digital.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RAF96 said:

Maybe everyone has emigrated to the Gold side of the forum.

Because of that post I now have people mistakenly thinking there is DCC content in the Gold Lounge. Did you have any grounds for thinking that?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Maybe left to other forums, some have gone to Western Thunder

Not a significantly can't number. We still see to have plenty of new people joining.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RAF96 said:

Maybe everyone has emigrated to the Gold side of the forum.

12 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Because of that post I now have people mistakenly thinking there is DCC content in the Gold Lounge. Did you have any grounds for thinking that?

A not unreasonable conclusion based upon the statement made in sales pitch for the RMWeb Gold

"Exclusive RMweb.co.uk Gold Private Forum".

Edited by WIMorrison
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The recipe for another of those spurious conspiracy theories:

Start with an innocent question, add some humourous answers, stir in some concerns about new features and throw in a pinch of misunderstanding.

Princess Diana and Neil Armstrong would be proud!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:53, WIMorrison said:

Iain

All looking for short circuit causes?

Gone already.

P

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

A not unreasonable conclusion based upon the statement made in sales pitch for the RMWeb Gold

"Exclusive RMweb.co.uk Gold Private Forum".

If you're expecting the Gold Lounge to be some sort of special modelling forum, where all the good stuff is kept out of sight, you'll be very disappointed, it's about things relating to gold membership and all very mundane at that. I'm sure Andy and the mods would put a stop to any kind of exclusive forum developing that is outside of things relating to gold membership, it doesn't really benefit RMweb/BRM to start hiding the type of content that has made this forum so successful. But don't let what I have to say stop your enjoyment of conspiracy theories because, after all,  to refute them just means that I'm part of the conspiracy, doesn't it?

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1