Where has everyone gone?

On 18/05/2019 at 16:52, Anders63 said:

In fact we need to change topic area by also present mfx system.

Why just only speaking and writing DCC?? 

Today you can also use mfx protocol with the two rail system.

Märklin did released mfx protocol for the market.

This should make more interesting here in the forum by discuss digital.

I don't think there is anyone using Marklin MFX  for British outline modelling. I suspect that there are very few on this forum running HO stud-contact , and even fewer of those who use MFX.

No-one's writing or talking about it because almost nobody here is interested in the subject. For better or worse.... 

@Wellyboots I don’t understand why you suggest conspiracy theories or anything else - I merely pointed out what the sales pitch for the Gold Forum states in black and white and was originally mentioned by @RAF96

perhaps your wish wish for a conspiracy theory says more about your own views than it does for anyone else’s views.

Edited by WIMorrison

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, WIMorrison said:

@Wellyboots I don’t understand why you suggest conspiracy theories or anything else - I merely pointed out what the sales pitch for the Gold Forum states in black and white and was originally mentioned by @RAF96

perhaps your wish wish for a conspiracy theory says more about your own views than it does for anyone else’s views.

Sorry if I struck a nerve, I was making light of the fact that there seems a degree of misinformation and myth which your previous post didn't help in making clear the purpose of the Gold Forum.  In the original announcement thread of Gold Membership a question was asked on this very subject;      

On 02/04/2019 at 21:30, Nickey Line said:

I wonder if someone could explain the need for and/or expected usage of the 'Exclusive RMweb Gold Private Forum'?

I've not noticed that it has been mentioned anywhere as yet.

and a reply clearly stating the scope of the Gold Forum was given;

On 03/04/2019 at 09:15, SteveCole said:

It's really somewhere that members can ask questions about their membership, the magazine, the website, shows etc within an area that won't get busy with posts from non-members. The same moderation rules will apply.

I can understand if you haven't seen the posts as they are on pages 7 and 8 of the thread but your post did not seek to clarify the situation and serves, however unintentionally, to perpetuate a myth/conspiracy theory/fake news/misinformation. There's no wish for any kind of conspiracy on my part but instead a desire to give an informed view by stating the facts.   

Edited by Wellyboots
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I suggest then what is actually required is for the publishers of this site to clarify exactly what the content is because the sales pitch does not direct anyone to pages 7 or 8 of any forum thread, it clearly states an "exclusive forum";

1605657281_Annotation2019-05-20203206.png.5439c6cf81749ad35fdafa6b47f3128a.png

which has no clarification indicating what you state and it is an entirely reasonable assumption to make (and it has been made by many) that the Exclusive RMWeb Gold Private Forum is about model railways and contains information that is exclusive to those willing to pay - a bit like the Times and Telegraph do with their paywall which is what this would appear to be.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

it is an entirely reasonable assumption to make

I don't believe it is. I would have stated it again if there had been any doubt. A couple of people have run found with stupid ideas and then have the temerity to suggest that we didn't doo enough to stop them being stupid. Give me strength.

• AY Mod locked this topic