New model train shop opening

Clarks

Hi everyone,

My first post on here. I'm Les, the owner of Clarks Hardware in Nelson, Lancs.

I would like to use this opportunity to inform members of the forthcoming opening of our new train department within the existing shop. We are almost there. Stock is arriving daily,the paint is drying, coffee machine due to be plugged in etc.

I will give an update on the actual day asap.

In the meantime we are looking for additional staff, either full or part time. Email address for anyone interested is :-ga.clark0@googlemail.com

Thanks

Les.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Someone mentioned it down club last week. Pity I did no see this post before going down club today.

A new model shop in the area is good for the hobby. I ran(or attempted to run) the model shop at Duke Bar(Burnley) in its final 3 years, so know it is not easy, especially on your own. At least having a business there already, one which works well with model railways, is a benefit.

There may be lots of nice new items just coming out, but it is the bread and butter items that make the money and attract modellers in time and time again. Just being open when you say you are is important(locals will know what I mean!) and make sure you can deliver what you promise. I like the sound of a coffee machine, as model shops can be a good meeting point for local modellers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/05/2019 at 07:27, Clarks said:

Hi everyone,

My first post on here. I'm Les, the owner of Clarks Hardware in Nelson, Lancs.

I would like to use this opportunity to inform members of the forthcoming opening of our new train department within the existing shop. We are almost there. Stock is arriving daily,the paint is drying, coffee machine due to be plugged in etc.

I will give an update on the actual day asap.

In the meantime we are looking for additional staff, either full or part time. Email address for anyone interested is :-ga.clark0@googlemail.com

Thanks

Les.

Good luck! Don’t forget to let Adrian at ukmodelshops know. Makes a change from telling him yet another shop has gone...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

I can't believe it was early May when I made that first post to announce our intention to open a new model railway shop.

Well, we are more or less finally there. A few little glitches along the way, but that was to be expected.

Now open and ready to steam.

No website yet ( one of the glitches) but ready to greet customers, browsers & the curious.

Address is ;- The Model Train Centre at Clarks Hardware, Every Street, Nelson, BB97LS.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/07/2019 at 22:53, Clarks said:

Just a quick message to announce that we have added the DCC Concept's brilliant range of products to our portfolio of track accessories.

Stick it on ukmodelshops.com if you haven’t already :). My and I know others’ first port of call when venturing to a new town! 

• 4 weeks later...

I have just spent a nice half hour browsing the shop (and making a couple of small purchases). The shop is well stocked and the future plans look good.

Together with the traditional hardware shop below, you'd be hard pressed to leave without something!

• Like 1