LokProgrammer - Decoder Lock

JZjr

Hello,

After a month of waiting, my LokProgrammer finally arrived today.

In my class 56, I utilise a LokSound 5, paired with a LokPilot FX - In JMRI, using a SPROG, I use 'Decoder Lock' to enable me to selectively program a decoder.  Because of this, both decoders are permanently wired to the pickups.  After trying to read on the LokProgrammer it appears that Decoder Lock isn't supported through the LokProgrammers propriety protocol.  Is anyone able to confirm this before I open her up and add some sockets between the track and the decoders.

Thanks in advance

DecoderLock is not directly supported in the LokProgrammer software.

But as on all NMRA compatible decoders the DecoderLock can be activated by CV.

There is a lock and a key: CV 16 is the lock and CV 15 is the key.

Only if both have the same value the decoder can be programmed.

If the values in CV 16 and 15 are different, only CV 15 can be programmed.

A value of 0 means 'always open'.

So disconnect both decoders once and program CV 16 separately: value 1 to the primary decoder, 2 to the secondary.

If you connect them again and write CV 15 = 1 to both, only the primary decoder can be programmed. The secondary decoder will ignore all changes (except for CV 15).

A value of 2 will open the lock for the secondary decoder and lock the primary one.

If you write value 3 to both decoders, both are locked which might be an advantage for multi player sessions, exhibitions and so on. 

The problem I am having is that Decoder Lock is setup but when I use LokProgrammer it does not differentiate between values therefore is unable to read either decoder unless one is disconnected.

Cheers

Edited by JZjr