Oxford Diecast Bedford TK Fogging Windscreens

John M Upton

• RMweb Premium

Hello

Just digging out some old stuff for a basic return to OO scale 1980's mainly as my three year old is interested and found that two Oxford Diecast Bedford TK trucks have developed completely fogged windscreens.

A EFE TK from the same era and kept in the same box is unaffected. 

Anyone experienced similar issues?

20190508_141248.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Strange, the cab side windows and the other glazing seems to be unaffected so its unlikely to be how they have been stored. Its more likely something to do with manufacture, either faulty materials or the adhesives used to attach the screens. I would suggest getting in touch with Oxford Diecast.

• Thanks 1

I’ve had the same issue with a Zephyr, Anglia and Cresta. All from the early days of the range like your two TKs. Probably manufacture materials but I doubt any comeback from what are legally just toys and several years old - similar to the mazak story. You could model a winter scene and have the driver scraping the ice off ! 

Edited by ianmacc
Typo
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

At the moment they are parked facing away, I may keep an eye open for some scrappy second hand TKs to rob a couple of fresh screens off at some point.

• Like 1

Several of my TKs have suffered the same way and I assumed it was exposure to sunlight that caused it but it could just be age as these must be getting on a bit now. Fortunately I've re-cabbed quite a lot with RTI cabs so I had enough spare cabs with good glazing to replace the affected ones.

• Informative/Useful 2