SWAG Member's Day - 2020 - CANCELLED

• RMweb Gold

Operating one of John and Owens layouts I was gently chided for mixing wagons for different valleys. I was expected to know which valleys the various collieries were in. Many were in places I had only every heard in the reminicences of a tutor at Coryton of the pleasure of being a jointer in the valleys.  

Don

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear! You didn't mix the wagons, did you?

Actually, it would make a rather good layout, with wagons being 'cut out', and trains being formed up. No need to have a station or goods shed; just locomotives, wagons & brake vans. 

"Look butty, the North's wagons are for Penrhiwceiber, see? And the Clarkes  are for Rhymney Valley, Those Duffryn's  over 'yeer are for Penygraig! Duw, Duw, Duw....

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

Oh dear! You didn't mix the wagons, did you?

Actually, it would make a rather good layout, with wagons being 'cut out', and trains being formed up. No need to have a station or goods shed; just locomotives, wagons & brake vans. 

"Look butty, the North's wagons are for Penrhiwceiber, see? And the Clarkes  are for Rhymney Valley, Those Duffryn's  over 'yeer are for Penygraig! Duw, Duw, Duw....

Have you had the pleasure of operating one of their layouts. Shovelling coal into wagons out of a tub with a spoon.

How about a layout of Roath yard.

Don

Edited by Donw
Adding to it
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Afternoon all. 

As we melt into the weekend I thought a little reminder that Sheep Dip, scheduled to appear at SWAG '20, is now making it's exhibition debut at the Exe MRS show in a weeks time. 

Rob. 

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1