SWAG Member's Day - 2020 - CANCELLED

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

I must wear a fleece. I must wear a fleece. I must wear a fleece. I must wear a fleece. I must..........

Should I wear the kilt?  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

It's always the same.............the closer we get to the event, the more excited we get...............it's only a matter of time before someone's sick............ooop.......'ang on........be back soon.....

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Only a Cornish one.

It is.  Cornish everyday tartan.  Full dress with Prince Charlie available but inappropriate before evening.  

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I fear that you may have to hire a Duck to be scanned at the shindig, as  the Lemonade Lurgy threatens to prevent me from leaving the house for some time yet. Don't all laugh at once.....6 weeks away and counting. However if I have been lucky enough to have encountered it and survived, then recovered, I  could well attempt to get down that SWAG place just to have an ice cream. I am awaiting my phone back from No 10 with suitable advice.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I fear that you may have to hire a Duck to be scanned at the shindig, as  the Lemonade Lurgy threatens to prevent me from leaving the house for some time yet. Don't all laugh at once.....6 weeks away and counting. However if I have been lucky enough to have encountered it and survived, then recovered, I  could well attempt to get down that SWAG place just to have an ice cream. I am awaiting my phone back from No 10 with suitable advice.

It will be lovely to see you Ducky but safety first. First and foremost a healthy duck is a happy bunch of friends. 

Rob. 

• Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/03/2020 at 13:27, Stubby47 said:

Update:

As is usual for the Taunton Member's Days, we 've tried to bring layouts that haven't been seen before at the event. There are a couple of exceptions to this, and this year we are pleased to welcome back Marc Smith's 'Wales, Rails, Rain & Steel'.   

There will also be several layouts making their public debut, which is always a welcome sight. As well as 'Sheep Dip', we'll have 'Upbech St Mary', 'T-CATS' and 'Bethesda Sidings'.

Line up looking great... :yes: 

Let’s hope we can still meet up for it...current circumstances permitting :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Re6/6 said:

On a necessarily serious note Stu, in view of all that is going on, is consideration being given to cancellation?

Sadly difficult times are upon us all.

Absolutely, we are definitely considering canceling, but also taking a lead from other events, such as Ally Pally.

I'm keeping an eye on the WSR as well.

At the moment we're still on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

we are definitely considering canceling, but also taking a lead from other events, such as Ally Pally.

Fine to take a lead but surely the pasties are not expected to attract 500+ at the event.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

I'm keeping an eye on the WSR as well.

Swanage are working to a "Keep calm and carry on" brief.  At least for now.  As are some others.  Special events caped but normal running otherwise.  There is little difference at that level between a heritage and a main-line railway except perhaps the age of some personnel.  That might become an issue.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Fine to take a lead but surely the pasties are not expected to attract 500+ at the event.  

They might if there are no other shows to go to...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1