Minerva - O Gauge Class 14 announced

AY Mod

1 minute ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Rtr O gauge seems to be exclusively GWR/BR(W).

1. Many Class 14s spent spent almost as much time at  Hull Dairycotes 50D as they did on the WR.  

2. The majority of Minerva's locos are industrials. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

They might have been designed and built at Swindon, but they worked on parts of the Eastern Region, the National Coal Board, British Steel and rather a few other industrial operators, even on parts of HS1. It's quite an astute choice on Minerva's part.

Jim

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

They ended up all over. The NCB had a number of the ex-BR locos and operated them on the Ashington Colliery system in Northumberland. 

More great news for 7mm scale modellers. Given the standard of your previous projects I have no doubt that this will be a cracker. Well done Minerva! 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic news,the 14s are a firm favourite of mine,and,having done battle building a DJH kit (never again!) a few years ago this announcement is most welcome,a big thank you to the guys at Minerva,see you at Doncaster summer o gauge show for my pre order.

Rob

• Like 1

I hadn't realised that some of the Class 14s were based at Hull for a while. Does anyone know if they strayed very far, or were they just used for trip workings around the city?

42 minutes ago, south_tyne said:

I hadn't realised that some of the Class 14s were based at Hull for a while. Does anyone know if they strayed very far, or were they just used for trip workings around the city?

Here’s a few around the turn table at Hull Dairycoats 1967.

D09BF34A-A670-4A24-9D79-D526B3E0D5F5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, south_tyne said:

They are said to have worked up the branch to Bridlington. 

Also a recent-ish book had a picture of one at Huddersfield. 

Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, birdseyecircus said:

Paul

I can understand Bridlington when based at Hull.

Huddersfield was it in BR service or industrial use? any number please as I’m interested in the history of the Teds and their wanderings.

Gareth

Edited by TEDDYBEAR D9521

3 hours ago, birdseyecircus said:

Paul

Cheers, that's very interesting Paul. I hadn't realised that any made it to the North Eastern or Eastern Regions at all. 

Gareth - thanks very much, some smashing photos there. They are very handsome locos, perhaps in a functional kind of way. Really suit that green wasp-stripe livery too. 

• Administrators

Chatting to the two Chris's at Reading this weekend, it looks like this is proving to be another winner. Not that surprising as the locos are handsome, and perfect for the sort of lines a lot of us run - even if they weren't for BR!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, TEDDYBEAR D9521 said:

I can understand Bridlington when based at Hull.

Huddersfield was it in BR service or industrial use? any number please as I’m interested in the history of the Teds and their wanderings.

Can't find the book of the Huddersfield picture! I can see it in my head. Driving me crackers.

The picture of bellicode book - steam age diesels- had a picture of one passing Pontefract on a Healy Mills to Hull freight. 

Paul

4132019172014.jpg

Edited by birdseyecircus
Spelling