Minerva - O Gauge Class 14 announced

AY Mod

Yes that's a great loco to have Gents.  One of these will fit in very well on my layout and even though I took a decision to build my layout up first I may have to weaken and get one soonest to have a play.   Delivery expected to be in Spring 2020 which does give me ample months to get much more of the layout built.

1055659079_D14teddybear.jpg.c018b9cbe5227091242c6b1d29c9a547.jpg

Time to check the over buffers length will fit my loco release sections

Well done Chris & Chris this will be another winner, time to start a kitty for a Teddy a DCC sound fitted version sounds just right.

Best

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 21C123 said:

Will the DCC sound use the brake key on F2 ?

thanks

Roger

Roger,

Yes, it will by default.

(But any user can remove this feature if they should wish, CV309 = 0 will remove it, CV309 = 2 will put it back on F2, Cv309 = X will put it on F key 'X').

Several new features will also be incorporated. Minerva seeks to be at the forefront of sound project development in 0 Gauge.

Best regards,

Paul

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 minute ago, RedgateModels said:

Thanks for confirming that @pauliebanger - can I make a request that if the tail lights are to be independently controlled can the F button be in the 0-10 range? (and the cab light too - auto extinguish on moving off of course!)

Chris Klien and Chris Basten are in charge of the model's specification; I will be responsible for making it sound and work in as prototypical way as possible.

Cab light auto-off on moving may be incorporated, but not all users like this being the default state. Some prefer to be able to leave cablights illuminated during movements. The auto-off can be added to any function output by changing the value in just 1 CV so this choice may be left to individual users. It's not a big deal.

You can relax, the sound project will be great.

The real story here is the news that there will be a fine, affordable, 7mm model of a very useful diesel loco with the heritage and proven record of quality and timely delivery of Minerva Model Railways behind it.

Best regards,

Paul

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 12/05/2019 at 22:19, Miss Prism said:

It would be nice not to have a rigid chassis over that wheelbase.

Now that I do have to agree with very strongly. I have a PRMRP Class 14, still not fully finished after *ahem* years, but I had a completely new chassis built for it with compensation built in. It needs it on my trackwork. 

Hopefully Minerva will address this, other than that, this is a fantastic announcement and I will place an order soon.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Oh. Ooooh. Indeed.  Some ran at Backworth colliery too.  Eeeeh, oh my.  Need.

But - will it traverse 40" radius Peco Setrack curves, please?  I'm going to have to use them so need to know before ordering.

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

But - will it traverse 40" radius Peco Setrack curves, please?  I'm going to have to use them so need to know before ordering.

We have specified this, but it will be a difficult challenge. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

This is excellent news Team Minerva.

I shall also be pre-ordering at the Doncaster O Gauge Show.

I will have to start saving the pennies as I would like one of the HDC versions but also have one repainted into BR Blue as per the CTRL loanee.

So, who will be first to model the Loadhaul version? 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2019 at 21:06, New Haven Neil said:

I would need to know this as well before ordering one or two..no rush if the early bird discount runs until November.

2 hours ago, Welsh Signaller said:

I would need to know this as well before ordering one or two..no rush if the early bird discount runs until November.

As has been written earlier, we have specified the capability to negotiate PECO Setrack curves. It is a demanding challenge for our designer and engineer and we look forward to seeing the solution. 

CK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mic said:

Very much looking forward to this, did I misunderstand or is it BR Green livery only? Wouldn't mind a Blue and a Green :)

We are only producing the model in the original BR green livery. A sheet of transfers for the running numbers produced by Railtec will be included. 

Regards,

CK

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 13/07/2019 at 07:34, Mic said:

Thank you Chris, we can all be thankful there will be a RTR Class 14, regardless of livery :)

We thought it would also be more prototypical for owners to repaint the locos just like the NCB, BSC and others had to ;-)

Edited by 81A Oldoak
Typo.
  • Like 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/07/2019 at 16:47, 81A Oldoak said:

We thought it would also be more prototypical for owners to repaint the locos just like the NCB, BSC and others had to ;-)

It would be handy if you offered some unpainted models for us doer-upers :)