Minerva - O Gauge Class 14 announced

AY Mod

• 2 weeks later...

I note in Minerva's advert in the latest Toddler;  the small print in the Class 14 photo states that the cab colour will be different to that shown on the pre-production model. :good:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...

Copied from the Minerva website this evening

Our shipping agents in Hong Kong have confirmed that 3 pallets of the Class 14 models shipped on Friday 3rd September as below.

CMA CGM BOUGAINVILLE/0FM83W1MA

ETD HK 3 SEP

ETA SOU 6 OCT

With an estimated arrival in Southampton of the 6th October, the latest we should receive them is around the 10th-12th of that month.

However they are still trying to secure one pallet to come via airfreight, but have advised that there is at least a 3 week delay, due to the backlog of goods awaiting an aircraft. We have agreed to make a decision about waiting next Monday (13th September) as if we cannot get an earlier flight, the models arriving by sea will get here first….which rather destroys the reasoning for paying the premium in the first place!

We will update further as and when we have more news.

Chris

regards

Mike

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 20/09/2021 at 13:08, Mic said:

Just pre-ordered mine. Very much looking forward to receiving it.

I ordered mine on 11 May 2019, as I was at the stand when it was announced.

I am so looking forward to getting this loco, although my credit card won't, even after over two years of pre-warning:laugh_mini:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...

Copied from Minerva website (hope Chris doesn't mind !)  

We have to report that when the Class 14s arrived yesterday, we saw that, despite our best efforts, the cab colour that we modified from the decorated sample was still not correct. It still has too much green to match the prototype we are seeking to accurately model.

We briefly considered whether it was close enough, but have decided not to release the models in their current livery. Minerva has always endeavoured to offer accurate models and we hope that you understand the reasons for our decision. It is frustrating for all of us, but we believe it is the right thing to do.

Our factory are going to produce replacements as soon as possible, and as the cabs are only secured by four screws, allowing them to be lifted off to fit crew, it is a straightforward task to fit the new cabs.

We hope to have the replacement cabs in about 8 weeks, but will update as and when we have definite information.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year.

Finally found time to shoot a short video of the sound fitted production model Class 14. Unfortunately this one still has the incorrectly decorated cab, for now, but all else is as you will get with the release models.

The model features a custom speaker enclosure, I'll tell you more about that later as well as some of the features available in the sound project.

For now, have a look at this and enjoy a cuppa.

Best regards,

Paul

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Round Robin note from Chris yesterday to say my Teddy was on it's way - I ordered when they were announced - and thanking everyone for their patience. It arrived this morning, no time to open it before work so looking forward to playing trains this evening.

• RMweb Premium

...And like all previous Minerva locos ran beautifully straight out of the box. It weighs a ton and I think will have more haulage capacity than I am ever likely to need.  Well worth the wait and extraordinary value for money IMHO.

Need to get the books out now and spend a few enjoyable hours deciding which number to model.

32 minutes ago, Mic said:

I don't believe anyone has this model in their hands yet unless they provide pictorial evidence. As I don't have mine yet! :lol:

Neither have I, and no payment has been taken from my bank account yet.

Should I be worried, or am I getting a Freebie??!!?? :yahoo:  :jester:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Neither have I, and no payment has been taken from my bank account yet.

Should I be worried, or am I getting a Freebie??!!?? :yahoo:  :jester:

They're just busy changing all the cabs and installing DCC/Sound, I'm guessing it's a long job and may take some time. (Email from Chris on Wednesday said they were working through them)

Edited by Mic
  • Agree 1

Well payment has been taken, so any time soon... ::locomotive:  :sungum:

...although in a spectacular piece of bad timing we're away this weekend!! At least I'll probably have a card to collect it from the sorting office when I'm back. At least it won't fall into 'enemy' hands...

modeltraindetector.jpg.076e0495e94803eed7a7bffd0efb7c99.jpg.9c2f7ca459b187151f1e3671866d9d29.jpg

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Well payment has been taken, so any time soon... ::locomotive:  :sungum:

...although in a spectacular piece of bad timing we're away this weekend!! At least I'll probably have a card to collect it from the sorting office when I'm back. At least it won't fall into 'enemy' hands...

modeltraindetector.jpg.076e0495e94803eed7a7bffd0efb7c99.jpg.9c2f7ca459b187151f1e3671866d9d29.jpg

I'd class it sat with the courier's hands equally as deadly.... Fingers crossed mine will be soon!

The wait is over and no transit damage. First impressions are very encouraging, will give it a good blow at the Club next week and get the sound 'bedded in' only real disappoint is that the running lights are non-functioning so will need to investigate any possibilities on that score. Very low gearing but I might have switched in the 'shunt mode' function key (I didn't take the crib sheet with me to the workshop in my haste to see it running)

Will hold fire on the train reporting numbers until I have experimented with the sheet of options supplied. The running number will be D9526.

P1010928.JPG.c195fa2de3634ad9eda9e40c40c6ceda.JPG

and already getting to know its shed mates.

regards

Mike

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trevor H said:

It may just be the light. but whats going on with the cab colour.

Do you mean on the video posted further up this Thread (& some time ago)??

You haven't kept up with the news then.? All the cabs were the wrong colour & had to be replaced, hence the further delay. 

See Mike's post above for the final version (which looks a touch too light to me, but might just be on the screen!!??)

Here's a photo I took of D9555 at the DFR some years ago now. The cab colour may or may not be authentic.

*EDIT - it was an overcast day which affects the photo. No one could judge 'DMU Green' properly from it, for example - looks really dark on the Bug next to the loco there!!!

Then 2 photos of my (still unfinished to this day) PRMRP kit. I got the cab colour by a 50/50 mix of Sherwood green & Duck Egg blue. But look at the difference with flash on, and off....

000043774464.Jpeg.c32bbcde5c155c6cc11e49e71a721cdf.Jpeg

20201122_154230.jpg.5413dae3f79adf11875737add73ad519.jpg

20201122_154242.jpg.dbab58cd00cacac317256bbf32c2c024.jpg

Edited by F-UnitMad