The Yorkshire Steam Railway: All Aboard. Series 2

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all.

The second series about the North Yorks Moors railway starts on Channel 5 at 2000 on Friday May 17th

First episode is "The Heat Is On" set during last years hot summer.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, durham light infantry said:

How many hours of filming Boris had to be edited down, to get something broadcastable before 9pm?

He said to me that the best thing was to swear and run away, they obviously caught him on an off day... 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Much better than last season. This time around, most of the footage matched the commentary, and there was much less false jeopardy than previously.

I wonder if the chap in the yellow polo shirt with his damn silly last minute buffet order enjoyed his five minutes of fame?

Yes it's pretty formulaic and the drama is ramped up to the max but it is excellent advertising for the NYMR. Let's hope it has another positive impact on interest and visitor numbers. I remember reading in Moors Line that last year's series saw a massive increase in website hits and bookings. National exposure on mainstream telly is ultimately priceless and if it raises interest, particularly attracting younger viewers and visitors, then this is only a good thing. 

PS - I liked the look of that curry that was devoured by Mr Signalman!!! :haha:

Nice to watch but I would like to see a TV program that visits all the  UK heritage railways.

I realise that quite a number have had a bit of air time over the years but it’s just bits here and there!

Often when I have visit heritage railways I hear “I didn’t realise you were here” and sometimes that’s from people supposingly  that just live down the road.

Yeah, I watched it Friday night, and thought those guys deserve all the support they can get, great stuff, doing a good job, and thought the series, even light-heartedly,  a great advertisement.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, south_tyne said:

Yes it's pretty formulaic and the drama is ramped up to the max but it is excellent advertising for the NYMR. Let's hope it has another positive impact on interest and visitor numbers. I remember reading in Moors Line that last year's series saw a massive increase in website hits and bookings. National exposure on mainstream telly is ultimately priceless and if it raises interest, particularly attracting younger viewers and visitors, then this is only a good thing. 

I enjoyed the programme and agree it is better than the first series. I was also pleased to see that curry is the food of choice on preserved as well as 'real' railways, and frequently consumed at one's desk as well !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 19/05/2019 at 01:05, south_tyne said:

Boris will eat anything, unless Mrs Boris is around then he eats salad and fruit and healthy stuff...

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

Boris will eat anything, unless Mrs Boris is around then he eats salad and fruit and healthy stuff...

Ah that is the infamous Mr Boris! I will look out for him and his curry next time I am in Grosmont...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/05/2019 at 22:17, Graham1960 said:

Some of us like diesels! 

A London Transport class 20 in Yorkshire😜

I liked it when they filled it up and said what it would cost at the service station🤣

I took a pic of it when we were there 🙂

DSC_0423.JPG.74e40ad80ce3f83e95cf64fcd1c025cb.JPG

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

Weird isn't it, I pictured Boris as a lot older that he actually is :)

Curry looked good though, even SWMBO said as much .......

Now I know what he looks like I will try to get him on a picture when I'm there later in the year.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Love this programme and probably more importantly so does my wife so I reckon I will be able to persuade her of the benefits of a North Yorkshire holiday this year including a ride on the NYMR :) Replicate this across the country and I reckon its a win win for the NYMR even if the script is showing the Standard 4 whilst talking about the B1.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...