WIGAN 2019 EXHIBITION 5th & 6th October

Eaton

Another layout, 'Bewdley' has had to withdraw from Wigan 2019.

However two new layouts have been invited to replace the absentees. They are 'Kitedale' in S4 and 'Halland' in OO.

For full details please see the Layout List earlier in the Thread.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2019 at 22:57, Eaton said:

2019_EXHIBITION_TASTER_No_14.jpg

An East Anglian depot in the 1970s seems an unlikely location for three class 26s!  Maybe at the time the picture was taken it was representing a Scottish region depot?!

Thanks for layout information and am planning to make my annual visit to your exhibition.

• RMweb Premium

I've been looking forward to this then managed to forget to mention it when my mum's planning on visiting. Fortunately she's said she's actually quite interested in going, rather to my surprise. I think she's being serious and not polite, expecting me to politely change my plans in turn...

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Not wanting to put down the skills of the WFRM, this model was actually constructed by the late Colin Parks, whilst they have ably added their own stamp to the model it was not their construction.

Well said.

Exhibition Taster No. 17 is certainly 'economical with the actualité' and at the very least should have acknowledged the late Colin Parks as the original constructor. 

• Agree 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, 4630 said:

Well said.

Exhibition Taster No. 17 is certainly 'economical with the actualité' and at the very least should have acknowledged the late Colin Parks as the original constructor. 

It's definitely not OO the last time I looked either!

I do stand corrected, I did realise that Newhaven Harbour was not their original concept but was not aware of who the original constructor was, so thank you for putting the record straight. However a lot of work has been undertaken since the original purchase including turning the layout for an inside 'L' to an outside 'L'. Looking at the information I have from the group it is indeed OO. 

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Eaton said:

I do stand corrected, I did realise that Newhaven Harbour was not their original concept but was not aware of who the original constructor was, so thank you for putting the record straight. 

It’s to be hoped then, in light of what you’ve said, that the exhibition guide is accurate in its record of the full history and development of this particular layout. 

On 20/09/2019 at 17:13, Eaton said:

I do stand corrected, I did realise that Newhaven Harbour was not their original concept but was not aware of who the original constructor was, so thank you for putting the record straight. However a lot of work has been undertaken since the original purchase including turning the layout for an inside 'L' to an outside 'L'. Looking at the information I have from the group it is indeed OO. 

Finescale 4mm as far as I am aware. Testament to the constructor of all things sleeper and rail that its not instantly recogniseable as 16.5mm.

cheers

Andy

PS Thoroughly looking forward to attending Wigan by kind invitation again this year, with our plastic abuse roadshow and the boards for 'Glasgow Queen St EM'

Regarding the posts concerning 'Newhaven Harbour' I would draw your attention to Tim Roger's article 'The spirit of Seaford' on page 844 of the October issue of the Railway Modeller. In it he fully acknowledges the work of the late Colin Parks and explains the work that has since been undertaken to ensure that the layout maintains a presence on the exhibition circuit as a tribute to its builder.

• RMweb Premium
On 16/09/2019 at 15:29, Eaton said:

Just a reminder that Advance Tickets are still available from our website www.wiganfrm.co.uk

Hi,

I got an advance ticket via pdf file email and on it it said '

DEAR GUEST,
This is your event ticket. Ticket holders must present their tickets on entry. Your ticket will arrive
via 2nd class post.'

I got something through the post which said 'ticket' on it too. Which piece of paper do I need to bring with me for the show? I don't want to print the pdf file if I don't have to.

Nig H