This project has incurred a lot of interest over its course and having now seen the interior arrangements, those small odd shaped rooms couldn't have been much use.  Has anyone any idea of what they were used for?  Small offices, broom cupboards, lamp rooms?  Project looking good, by the way!:)

Brian.

• Thanks 1

Hi Brian

The  internal walls on my model are more for ensuring the external shape of the structure is maintained, rather than faithfully replicating the actual positioning. That said, hopefully they are in roughly the correct places. Looking at the lower of my 3 photos above, from the southern end, I think the lower right hand room is the toilets, the top right is the Princetown waiting room, the top left the Plymouth  waiting room, and the lower left is a lobby. Access to the Princetown waiting room would be via a door in the back wall of the Plymouth waiting room. I'm not sure which rooms will get interiors yet. Based on the proposed position on the layout, the Plymouth waiting room won't, the  Princetown waiting room probably will, and the lobby may, because the interior of those two rooms will be visible through the windows. The toilets won't.

Happy Christmas, and thanks for your kind comments.

Alex

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Miss Prism said:

Did the real 4574 appear in lined green?

Ho Hum. I thought it did, but I'm looking at a picture of 4574 in Laira shed after withdrawal and I'm not sure ; I'll have another look in the morning when the light is better.

Alex

That's unlined. Moral: don't rely on memory. What to do now? I could remove the lining, but as it's an excuse for another one, I'll find a 45xx that ran on the branch in lined green, renumber the model, and make a new 4574 in lined green. Result: :)

Alex

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, wiggoforgold said:

That's unlined. Moral: don't rely on memory. What to do now? I could remove the lining, but as it's an excuse for another one, I'll find a 45xx that ran on the branch in lined green, renumber the model, and make a new 4574 in lined green. Result: :)

Alex

What about 4567 as that was definitely in lined green and at Laira in the early '60s.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I spent a good weekend at the Edington show, helping NHY581 operate Bleat Wharf. Two of Laira's finest 4555 and 4574 put in an appearance  on the Saturday.

I took a couple of the Yelverton buildings with me  which sparked some interest. I had a  nice conversation with the exhibition organiser, David, and Yelverton should be making it's public  debut at the show next year.

20200104_141237_edited_edited.jpeg.6b1fd3ae33fcf0f31b2816931f0d5652.jpeg

Alex

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

The little chaps were most welcome, Alex. 

Off to work now but will have a look for the number plates when I return. 

Thank you again. A very nice weekend. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Having seen these buildings at first hand, they are stunning pieces of work. Sublime. 

Rob. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1