• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

I've been doing a bit of stock building. This is the first two coach set for the Plymouth-Launceston services.DSCF2374.jpg.0f9ba5503cf6a9a180d05e15b544f36d.jpg

DSCF2375.jpg.161de2b1e7e4c392df4403d1beffbaa7.jpg

The pair of coaches are semi-permanently coupled together. They await couplings on the outer ends.

DSCF2377.jpg.8e0550d4f84e15d830edf3b027f71fc1.jpg

46444 built the BY for Diddington a few years ago. I gave it a bit more weathering, and  It's found a new role on Yelverton.

Alex

Lovely rake there Alex. Nice to see the BY again. Be good to see your weathering tweaks as well on it. 

The SR CCT/PMV/BY buffers from Mr. Franks of Lanarkshire Model Supplies help to lift these Parkside kits. I've fitted a few sets to examples I've built recently. 

http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com/lanarkshiremodelsandsupplieswebsite_087.htm

I've really enjoyed reading about your build of Yelverton over the past year. 

Look forwards to seeing it finished in 2021 and on the road eventually.. ;)

Merry Christmas Alex.

Cheers,

Mark 

Edited by 46444
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 46444 said:

The SR CCT/PMV/BY buffers from Mr. Franks of Lanarkshire Model Supplies help to lift these Parkside kits. I've fitted a few sets to examples I've built

I know,  In the  new year perhaps,,,...

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Like 1

A bit late for the real thing!  But Alex's model is certainly a good representation as I remember it.  A shame about the P/Town line though - more operation?

Brian.

Edited by brianusa
  • Thanks 1

On 26/12/2020 at 19:18, mullie said:

That looks really good, would be good to see it for real!

Martyn

Aiming for Edington, 2022. See you there?

On 26/12/2020 at 21:17, brianusa said:

A shame about the P/Town line though - more operation?

Brian.

Never say never Brian. The track base has been made to allow for the Princetown line, just in case....

Edited by wiggoforgold
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

Yelverton boards are set up again to make sure everything fits together, and to give an idea of what needs doing to add to the overall picture. First, an overall shot of the station, looking towards Tavistock.DSCF2409.jpg.b021755eed2cccde24642d1d83ac2260.jpg

A closer view. I want to add some more trees on the left.

DSCF2410.jpg.67f1bc9bd0040925b992297148df031e.jpg

The down platform building.

DSCF2415.jpg.cfdd4e05466a29f1e0483310a31dd150.jpg

A Tavistock-Plymouth auto train with a 4575 propelling it. Some 4575's were auto fitted. The auto coach is the latest item of stock for the layout.

DSCF2420.jpg.f9b14bfe12d04a9011a30a80cfb19f63.jpg

4555 enters Yelverton with a Plymouth (Tavistock Junction) - Launceston freight.

DSCF2422.jpg.cd82b3e5cdcf7e74cd838272b4a691fb.jpg

4574 on a Plymouth - Launceston passenger service.

DSCF2425.jpg.7fa629c4736bd4bc57c0c4dd66abadc9.jpg

Alex

That's looking rather splendid,  Alex. 

Interesting to reflect that 12 months ago we were discussing operating Yelverton at Edington this year........

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Last year?

Alex helped operate Bleat Wharf at Edington last year OD. 

Yelverton was already booked in for this years show and I was to help him operate. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, wiggoforgold said:

Its booked in for Edington 2022, but hopefully will be finished well before then . Really looking forward to getting it on the road, though for me the build itself is proving great fun.

Alex

Will have to ensure I get that on the diary!

looking forward to seeing the layout.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, wiggoforgold said:

Its booked in for Edington 2022, but hopefully will be finished well before then . Really looking forward to getting it on the road, though for me the build itself is proving great fun.

Alex

Which Edington? There seems to be one near Westbury and one near Bridgewater, assuming it is not London?

Almost my neck of the woods!

Martyn

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job! I do like the festering paintwork, where the rust is pushing off half a dozen old paint layers. 

The Modelu guttering works really well too.

I bottled out of stretching my pagoda hut, didn't think that the not so great  rooves would join together neatly.

Looks like I was wrong!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Nice job! I do like the festering paintwork, where the rust is pushing off half a dozen old paint layers. 

The Modelu guttering works really well too.

I bottled out of stretching my pagoda hut, didn't think that the not so great  rooves would join together neatly.

Looks like I was wrong!

Thanks.

I used both rooves from the Wills kits. The first one I cut the end off, the second I cut to the remaining length. They are slightly misaligned at the back, where it cant be seen. The bottom of the moulding is thicker in one corner, which makes complete alignment difficult. However, the moulding is a good start for a curved, corrugated roof, which is better than I could do, so I have happily gone with it.

Alex

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1