got to start somewhere

Yes, you've got to start somewhere, and a micro layout is a great introduction to modelling because it helps you focus, you can learn quickly and hone your skills, it doesn't cost as much as a larger scheme (how many have built something large and ambitious, only to realise the layout isn't what they wanted, and have to tear it all up + start again?). Actually, when you're working in a small area, I think it also helps your design process - you simply HAVE to use the space as effectively as you can....

Remember, Neil Rushby's superb "Shell Island" was only two points, and the wonderful "Ruyton Road" by R.J. Spencer was only 3 points. 
A little halt could be a nice platform for a micro layout like this. Up to you, of course. Good luck with this project - I look forward to seeing more :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

As I like to say. “It’s not what you’ve got it’s what you do with it”. Your track layout is the same as my current 4mm scale layout on here 

clever use of buildings and other structures will help raise this from “got to start somewhere” to “this is a really cool layout” 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

You've got to be careful you don't get pulled around by others ideas....but I hope to start something like this and I plan to have a similar track-plan and an island platform (maybe even with through running and a bridge over the right hand side) - so I agree with d&h.

but like I said...it is your layout - good luck with the planning/build.

regards,

James

Edited by jamest
spelling

• 2 weeks later...