SEfinecast

I'm using Windows 10 and the latest update of Firefox and I get "Please replace this index.html file with your own site :)"

Using Safari on an iPad gives exactly the same, with a notice that the site is not secure.

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Riddles said:

I'm using Windows 10 and the latest update of Firefox and I get "Please replace this index.html file with your own site :)"

Using Safari on an iPad gives exactly the same, with a notice that the site is not secure.

And from my Apple tablet I-pad too.  However there can be glitches.

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

Having noticed this thread, and having visited the site last week, I had a quick look using the different machines, OSs, and browsers available to me.  All of the following worked without any problems:

Mac OSX - Firefox, Camino, and Safari

Windows 10 - Edge

As for the Google search stating that the business is permanently closed, I would suggest treating a lot of what it (and Yell) says with a large pinch of salt.

Regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Gold

I am able to see the website still, and i'm on Android Chrome.

Fyi, SE Finecast are due to be at Expo EM this weekend coming.

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Denbridge said:

I know it's terribly old fashioned,  but you could always phone. You'll have an instant answer then.

True, but that doesn't take away the fact that there is some problem with the website and the business owner could be losing sales.

Edit to add.

Most people search on line for a phone number these days, so if the site isn't working, that's a good source of the phone number gone.

Edited by kevinlms

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, cctransuk said:

That still doesn't explain :-

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

www.sefinecast.co.uk
Mon May 13 23:43:47 2019
Apache

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I am getting the same message using firefox and chrome.

For now I'd assume the page is down for maintenance. 

As Chris said, they're due to appear at Expo EM (and Railex the weekend after), and they were at the Epsom and Ewell show just 2 weeks ago. 

Edited by sharris

1 hour ago, sharris said:

For now I'd assume the page is down for maintenance. 

As Chris said, they're due to appear at Expo EM (and Railex the weekend after), and they were at the Epsom and Ewell show just 2 weeks ago. 

I have spoken to SE Finecast; they were aware of some server glitch over the weekend but thought that it had been resolved.

Their webmaster; (son); will be asked to investigate further.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Informative/Useful 2

32 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Still working fine for me and I've tried it several times today on two different devices.

Maybe it's your browser(s) having the problems?

Jason

Don't think so - I just uninstalled and reinstalled FF, but still can't get onto the SEF site.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, hayfield said:

I have tried it several times today and always I get the Google search which gives a link to the website, plus on the right hand side details about the company and a map to their address

I found that if you go via the Google search, it works every time. But if you type www.sefinecast.co.uk (with or without www) it fails every time.

I'm no expert here, but I think the issue is related to an improper DNS entry.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

I found that if you go via the Google search, it works every time. But if you type www.sefinecast.co.uk (with or without www) it fails every time.

Tried that and it still works fine ?

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Tried that - doesn't work; I get :-

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

39 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

I think the issue is related to an improper DNS entry.

Quite possibly as I can see the page on my phone (whatever DNS the EE 4G network uses), but not on my desktop computer (the work DNS).

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, sharris said:

Quite possibly as I can see the page on my phone (whatever DNS the EE 4G network uses), but not on my desktop computer (the work DNS).

It works on my 4G mobile too. But it certainly isn't optimised for mobile usage.