11'x 9'9" Dual level OO room layout-Ideas and Opinions wanted.

BoltblasterM1910

Hello,  I've posted a couple of ideas recently but none have quite  met my requirements and they just don't look quite right.  Trying to fit too much into a certain area just doesn't work as I don't want an over crowded look.

I have an 11'1"x 9'9"room which is a reasonable area, but has to double up as a Music practice room and the doorway needs to remain clear with a 2'9"aisle.  That gives me approximately 11'x 7'for my model railway.

OO gauge.

42" - 48" above the  floor. No lifting or hinged sections, so has to be a "duck-under" to get to the lower lever fiddle yard and operate the upper Outer Suburban "Minories" derived Terminus with goods facility and Engine Shed.

I have come to the conclusion that I can't build a dual level layout in the space I have  with shallow incline between levels and a minimum radius of 24" so I've adopted a different approach. A dual level layout, but no connecting line between the layouts and the top, "Minories" layout's fiddle-yard is in the next room through a "tunnel" in the wall. The fiddle-yard will be de-mountable and only in place during running sessions.

Probably use Analog 12V  for the lower layout (with the ability to hook up to DCC by making all the Iso. sections live by a flick of a switch.

Upper layout will be DCC.

All PECO Code 75 track and points with Electro-frogs.

I have been using the Demo version of  Anyrail CAD and have been trying to keeps radiuses 24" or greater. Doesn't seem to be working!

I plot the curves using 4th radius ST235 and 5-6 R 238 Setrack curves then delete some and fill in the spaces with Code 75 flex track. Its giving an approximate  idea.

Anyway , thoughts, advice, criticism, about the Track Plan and its operational interest are welcome.

*** I am aware that the head-shunt is incorrectly connected to the fiddle-yard! I have fixed this mistake on another draft!***

Lower Level.jpg

Upper Lever ''Minories'' type outer Surburban Terminus.jpg

Both  Levels.jpg

Upper Lever ''Minories'' type outer Surburban Terminus-FY through wall.jpg

Edited by BoltblasterM1910
Adding info.