Chinese HO exhibition layout

TEAMYAKIMA

Hello

I had my Chinese HO layout thread moved to 'LAYOUT TOPICS' in order to try to reach a wider audience and so I thought I would start this post just to make publicise the thread to those searching 'OVERSEAS MODELLING'

To find my layout thread just search for BEIJIAO in the RMWEB index.

Here's a taster …………...

1138721060_rmw3(2).JPG.5763aca7075d94349ee5cd6f2fb31d53.JPG

Photo copyright Andrew Burnham and PECO PUBLICATIONS

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/11/2019 at 22:58, TEAMYAKIMA said:

Just a quick post to say that me and the layout will be on show at the Warley show at the NEC on Nov 23/24 

Paul

So Warley has been and gone. Next stop is Aly Paly in March 2020, then Aylesbury in May, then South Shields in July and Peterborough in December.

We had a lot of problems at Warley - mainly on the Saturday - but most/all of those have already been dealt with so AP will see much better operation with greater variety.

Any despite all the problems we had at Warley a nice video was made by a visiting German YOUTUBER. We are hoping that we can get a video made at AP which will show what the layout can really do but for the minute here is a record of when we were at Warley and still a 'work in progress'...……………...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Really just a reminder that I have a major thread under the main 'LAYOUT TOPICS' section of RMweb where you can trace the history of my layout from bare baseboards.

Aly Paly was postponed/cancelled and so as my layout is too big to set up at home things have been somewhat quiet lately, but I have been working quietly away making improvements to the layout.

One thing that I am now quite obsessed with is widening the layout's appeal. There will always be a minority of exhibition visitors who have visited China or who are interested in its railways, but equally there will be a (larger?) minority who will dismiss the layout as 'foreign rubbish'. What I need to do is reach out to those in the middle ground - those who have no existing interest in Chinese railways, but who are looking to be educated/engaged/entertained.

Since our last (4th) exhibition (Warley 2019) I have worked on several projects which will help 'sell' the layout to that middle ground of exhibition visitors. One such initiative is a Faller roadway along the front of the layout. It is still in the development stage but it will have the option of sending vehicles up the main road or over the level crossing. Here is a hand held video of its first ever test run. 

PLEASE NOTE - in this test I'm using a Ford transit van, but in reality it will be a minibus carrying western photographers chasing the steam trains.

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 3