Helenburgh & Ruthin (Garden Project)

georgeT

Had a good day at Marks today where we got on with some flocking and adding some more scenery, really makes the painted back scenes that Bodgit (Andy) painted on Sunday come to life...Thanks again  Andy...

DSC03641.JPG

DSC06053.JPG

DSC06054.JPG

DSC06055.JPG

DSC06056.JPG

DSC06057.JPG

DSC06058.JPG

DSC06059.JPG

DSC06049.JPG

• Like 8

Agree with your comments about the back scenes George , for a Bodgit he does do an amazing job fair play to the lad :fan:. The canopies are a real master piece George excellent work indeed and the whole layout is really coming to life now, it's amazing how a bit of greenery has such an effect on a layout. Thanks for sharing your project gentlemen :declare:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

Here’s a belated but heartfelt THANK YOU to Andy for his magnificent work on the backdrop, not forgetting my mate George without whose encouragement  the project wouldn't have happened. See you in the morning buddy! Sweet dreams!

Mark

• Thanks 1

Morning Martin, And thanks for the kind word's of encouragement, l am glad Mark commissioned me to help him out in building the layout from scratch, all the buildings and bridges are all built in wood, card, papers and cardboard with laser cut windows and doors, the signal's and ground signal's are just cosmetic and non-working (unlike yours) but they look the part, also Mark bought a very beat up standard Class 2MT 2-6-0 78056 that needed some work as it was in a bit of a mess, so l had to clear out the non-working and broken plunger pick-ups and add some wiper pick-ups instead, also l added a DCC chip, plus l replaced a missing front step and touched up on the paint work, to finish l left her in a work grubby condition... 

DSC06080.JPG

DSC06081.JPG

DSC06082.JPG

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

15 minutes ago, gismorail said:

I'm sure that you will get those signals working as they a 'crying' out for action ....a nice two movement pull on with a bounce to finish :dance_mini:

Yes l guess you are right Martin, that will have to be much later...lots to do first..

• Friendly/supportive 1

My word George. When you said to me at the last High Lane meeting that this project was coming on in leaps and bounds you weren't joking. It is looking fantastic.

When I get the test track wiring completed (a few more weeks) I will get the chance to look at it in the flesh again.

Ian.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Ian Major said:

My word George. When you said to me at the last High Lane meeting that this project was coming on in leaps and bounds you weren't joking. It is looking fantastic.

When I get the test track wiring completed (a few more weeks) I will get the chance to look at it in the flesh again.

Ian.

E

Hello lan, you certainly  will see a big difference ftom your last visit for sure,  hope to see you at clob on friday...

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, gismorail said:

Absolutely love the road bridge it oouses atmosphere especially now the track has been finished wonderful :D

Hello Martin, Things are  oming together really well and l hope to airbrush the track at the next session.

• Like 3

I’m not a great one for surfing the web having spent the last 15 years of my working life totally dependent on it! However, i’ve been persuaded (on pain of death) that I need to acknowledge the amazing talent of George, and Andy of course, in helping me create and realise a lifetime’s ambition. Great stuff guys - thanks a million!

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1