Formerly Round and Round a new beginning - now CHIRM

Last day of self isolation and a poor night for the wife so taking no chancers. Spent part of day making up gondola stone loads. How long before all 3 D printed I wonder but for moment coffee stirrers from NYMR and scrap pieces of plasticard. 

2570C27A-8406-4A3D-A873-488FE24D7F7A.jpeg

3BCD2719-2D3E-480B-800E-08FF9C0F6736.jpeg

• Like 4

Added the overhead pipework . Moved the tall tank to the opposite side of the works but will not be glued down to allow access to tracks. Apart from completing ballasting, ground cover and detailing just about there. 

4C9213FF-883B-4A72-909A-02D975024DE1.jpeg

BA4AEA32-B425-463E-A3BE-A00D948B90CC.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
Wording
  • Like 4

Most of the chemical plants I have worked at would have bund walls around the tanks to capture any spillage. The internal areas being gravelled. The bunds would have access steps etc. Not sure how far back in time this would have been practised though and even if this was US practise. Another level of complexity that you might not want to go down!  LOL

Edited by Len5771

• 2 weeks later...

Yes now I think I have decided on the position need to add this feature. Hot day so just sat and completed the Stone  load for the gondola. Need to find some hairy string as most images show completed stone pieces packed in straw or hay. 

D857F28D-1EE8-42DD-92EE-18E82F540952.jpeg

Edited by enginelane
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added power cable poles and telephone poles this afternoon. Decided that the loading pad at CHIRM looked too open so mocked up a partial covered shed structure that looked as if it would protect goods being loaded or unloaded. If works will have corrugated iron sheeting adding 

D43BB7A1-A4E1-42CB-9A45-C2439A75C1BB.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi 

The fork lift truck looks great. 

I assume there will be a bit more structure at the lower edge of the shelter roof as looks a bit flimsy at present and that the loading working area is at the higher end ? If not, any water will be dripping on staff whilst they are working - not a good move.

Regards 

Nick 

It maybe just me and I fully understand that the forum has to pay its way but it’s getting to the stage with the pop up adverts, top and bottom banners and long load times that I will be visiting and posting fewer times on the forum. I hope there can be found some sort of half way house that meets the needs of the owners and of the users. 

• Agree 1

Couldn't agree more, the pop up video and adds are very distracting (to me), which is why i've stopped updating/ using RMweb as much, we could always pay to be a gold member, but that's of  no benefit to me, being a HO American modeller, lots of forums are going the same way.:mad::mad:

i'll just pop in now and then, to check if i've any messages :read:

• Agree 1