Ruston 48DS delivery date

spikey

On 02/09/2019 at 19:49, SweenyTod1 said:

Hattons are predicting October to December 2019 for delivery, so maybe in time for Christmas? Don't hold your breath!

Tod

So the Hornby Marketing Autumn starts a little later than the more commonly used definitions I mentioned earlier.  :rolleyes:

They've always got to be "different"!  :jester:

Its ok by me, its far better for new models to arrive at well-spaced intervals...

• 2 weeks later...

You can gauge how close to release a model is by its position on the "Coming Soon" pages on the Hornby website.

Up to the middle of last week, this consisted of three pages but has shrunk to one with the delivery of a chunk of coaches and a  mass of Harry Potter themed items.  The  Dewars and Works Rustons appeared together in "Coming Soon" a few weeks ago and the Works one had migrated to near the end of page three.

With the mass cull of delivered items, the Rustons are back on the same page, though the Dewar is on the first row at the top while the Works is on the fifth row at the bottom, so I suspect the Kernow newsletter is possibly hinting that they'll have it in the next couple of weeks (perhaps sooner?), though Hornby are sticking to "Autumn 2019" for both models.

I must say that I'm looking forward to my Works livery one arriving soon!

• Informative/Useful 1

I think the reason why the works Ruston is in the lower part of the 'coming soon' list is that Hornby have grouped the 'sold out at Hornby' items at the end, whereas Dewars is still available to order. Available to order items seem to be at the start of the list. Either way it's good news for Hornby that the works version has sold out.

This mornings Rails of Sheffield "newsletter" says that due this/next week is the R3695/X NCB Peckett B2

AND

the R3704 Works livery Ruston & Hornsby.

Not long to wait now!

(Evidently some modern stuff and a trio of Railroad 0-4-0 locos are expected too...)

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, JohnR said:

Phew - I've preordered the Dewars Ruston, and need it to come out after payday!

Me too. With the works one. 

I actually asked Rails if it does arrive before 30th September if they could hold it for me till then! (They were happy to do so). 

Did folk work out which DCC decoder will fit? I’m pretty new to this so I’d appreciate any advice!  

26 minutes ago, Gremlin99 said:

Me too. With the works one. 

I actually asked Rails if it does arrive before 30th September if they could hold it for me till then! (They were happy to do so). 

Did folk work out which DCC decoder will fit? I’m pretty new to this so I’d appreciate any advice!  

Have you looked on the Hornby website on the Locoshed pages. the latest edition centers on the forthcoming Princess Royal locos, but if you scroll down the article you will come across a section on the R&H 48, Two pictures one showing the connection between and the second one of the R&H without its body on placed a 1p piece to give an idea of its size.

Clearly shows a 6 pin socket and blanking plug,  Now I spoke to Hornby earlier in the year regarding decoder and they did not know which decoder would fit the space and were waiting till the loco arrived. From looking at the picture shown and knowing the size of the blanking plug ( which looks similar to the one used in the Pecketts) I have had a look around and suspect that it will be likely that the Guagemaster DCC23 decoder MAY fit, there is a slightly smaller ESU decoder as well both of them being 6 pin. In either case I would suggest using the thinnest insulation material possible to avoid any possible  shorts.

Hope this helps but don't take my word as being absolute as that cant happen till the loco arrives.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, johnd said:

Have you looked on the Hornby website on the Locoshed pages. the latest edition centers on the forthcoming Princess Royal locos, but if you scroll down the article you will come across a section on the R&H 48, Two pictures one showing the connection between and the second one of the R&H without its body on placed a 1p piece to give an idea of its size.

Clearly shows a 6 pin socket and blanking plug,  Now I spoke to Hornby earlier in the year regarding decoder and they did not know which decoder would fit the space and were waiting till the loco arrived. From looking at the picture shown and knowing the size of the blanking plug ( which looks similar to the one used in the Pecketts) I have had a look around and suspect that it will be likely that the Guagemaster DCC23 decoder MAY fit, there is a slightly smaller ESU decoder as well both of them being 6 pin. In either case I would suggest using the thinnest insulation material possible to avoid any possible  shorts.

Hope this helps but don't take my word as being absolute as that cant happen till the loco arrives.

Smashing.  I shall have a looksie.  Thanks for your help :)

22 hours ago, Gremlin99 said:

So with that pic on the Hornby website virtually confirming a standard NEM 651 six pin connector and with it being difficult to get hold of the CT DCX77Z see;

I'll take a bit of a wild guess and say the motor measures approximately, 9.9 mm wide x 12.05 mm high x 14.73 mm long (not including any boss, so it looks like the Zimo MX616N at 8 x 8 x 2mm is a definite goer with the MX617N at 13 x 9 x 2.6mm being a distinct possible. Depends on how much clearance there is around the motor and whether one is prepared to jam the cab full of gubbins. 

Now how to get a sound chip, stay alive and speaker in there...    I have a plan!

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
Remove sum capital letters.
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SweenyTod1 said:

Hattons informed me today that delivery is expected November.

... but which 48DS do you have on order?

I'm sure that today, there a many that have had a similar e mail from Hattons informing them that their model  (R3704 in my case) is due in October.

Having said that, previous E mails from Hattons have told me that it was due for delivery in July  (18/01/19),  August  (14/05/19), October/December  (15/08/19) and back to October  (today).

Good game innit!

34 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Well, up to yesterday it was still "Coming Soon" and "Out of stock" so somethings going on...

It'll only be thems little divils at Hornby, trying to get us te change our underwear!

P