If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Long time viewer now signed up

MyRule1

I have been a long time viewer of RMweb but have never felt that I could contribute much. Having seen how much support there is on the forum for layout builders I thought I sign up. Hopefully my activity will not be one way and I will contribute to others.

After 40+ years of armchair modelling I have been spurred into action by an impending (10 months off) move of house which will involve some down sizing. Therefore as far as my collection goes it is use it in the next 10 months or lose it. So I have set myself an ambitious target over until the move.

Create two small tail chasing layouts, one in N and one in OO with basic scenery.

Create a small OO shunting puzzle type layout which will be fully scenic but only using items "in stock". Both OO layout will be switchable between DCC and analogue.

As my username says all three layouts will be rule 1 as I want to run the stock I have which reflects a number of periods and areas. On the n gauge layout yo will see 1st First Rail DMU's alongside Arriva Wales units - thee reflect recent holidays, as well as 1970's BR Blue period trains which were the years I spent Railrovign etc.