Bachmann Website Down?

John M Upton

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, johnd said:

Does anybody actually use there web site?!

Of course they do.

I have tried to flag the outage to them.

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, johnd said:

I find it BxxxxxY awfull !

No but I expect some people use their website. :)

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, johnd said:

I find it BxxxxxY awfull !

I agree. Drop down menus don’t work on my ipad and the previous incarnation was far superior. But that’s progress and gives the IT department something to do .

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

Seems the proper desktop version is fine, the mobile version is on the blink still.

No, not the case. My earlier comment was based on what I see on my iPad. 

Also, like RMWeb, Bachmann don’t have separate desktop and mobile versions. There is only one version, which automatically adjusts positioning and size of display elements according to the screen size you use.

I also dont don’t understand the comment by “rob d2”. Drop down menus work perfectly fine on my iPad.  

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

No, not the case. My earlier comment was based on what I see on my iPad. 

Also, like RMWeb, Bachmann don’t have separate desktop and mobile versions. There is only one version, which automatically adjusts positioning and size of display elements according to the screen size you use.

I also dont don’t understand the comment by “rob d2”. Drop down menus work perfectly fine on my iPad.  

Performance on my iPad is flaky atm.Not functioning as it should. It is the latest Apple version btw. Would say the IT staff need to look at its performance which is patchy and erratic.

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

I'm wondering whether these website glitches are being caused by the last Windows update as some are having problems and others aren't.

See the South Eastern Finecast and Windows update threads.

Jason

Not many iPads run on Windows ;)

• Funny 3

16 hours ago, rob D2 said:

the previous incarnation was far superior. But that’s progress and gives the IT department something to do .

The previous incarnation was not perfect, but at least you could sort products by era. The current sorting options are not particularly helpful. (Just my opinion)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, truffy said:

The previous incarnation was not perfect, but at least you could sort products by era. The current sorting options are not particularly helpful. (Just my opinion)

I must really be the odd one out here. Not only have I not experienced even the slightest problem with their website at any time this week, but I have zero difficulty finding products by era. Far easier than the old site. I go to the Bachmann Branchline page; look at the bottom right corner where all the era’s are listed (in varying fonts to indicate relative number of products in each); click on the one I want and almost instantly have an easy to read schedule of all of them.

• RMweb Gold

Well in response to the above,I thought I’d try again.And lo,the same result on my ( latest Apple version) iPad. Drop down is still unstable. ( Edit)  Tried now with Windows 10 .....it works perfectly . Weird.

Edited by Ian Hargrave
Additional information

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

I must really be the odd one out here. Not only have I not experienced even the slightest problem with their website at any time this week, but I have zero difficulty finding products by era. Far easier than the old site. I go to the Bachmann Branchline page; look at the bottom right corner where all the era’s are listed (in varying fonts to indicate relative number of products in each); click on the one I want and almost instantly have an easy to read schedule of all of them.

It's not the same thing at all.

On the old site, if you selected OO steam engines, for example, you could then sort them in era order.

On the new site, you can only sort on price, popularity, or 'newness', not era. If you select the era at the bottom of the page (not very convenient, below the fold!) it gives you everything from that era, engines, carriages, wagons. I guess you could then sort on price, with the expectation that engines would be more expensive than wagons, but still!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

As a compliment to RMWeb I must say I’ll go to this forum if I ever want to find out about a Bachmann product, never thought to go to their website in many years, our lovely gang here always have the real info you need to know! :good:

• Like 1