Little loco class 15 dcc problems.

John Boy

I have purchased a used, but looks unused, Little Loco Class 15 DC version. I emailed Little Loco Co to purchase an appropriate DCC decoder, without response. Rather than settle for a compromise, I rang round the Little loco Co stockists, and was pleased to secure one for £100. The decoder was promptly supplied with full documentation.

On fitting and testing the decoder, all sounds are correct. The loco runs backwards when I think it should run forwards, OK easily fixed with CV change. However the brake function does not work correctly as CVs 3&4 are both set to 10, CV 349 set to 6. 

Before I start to experiment by changing these CVs, does anyone know what the correct values should be?

There is a further problem, If all the marker lights are turned on , not only are they not all in the specified positions, but two are on at one end and two are on at the other end, they do however change ends when the loco direction is changed.

With the current problems at Little Loco Co, I am loathed to return the chip to the supplier, as I probably will not be able to get another, and the sound functions are good.

Any advice will help before I attempt to correct the faults.

Hi John Boy

I had similar issues with my Class 15 which was purchased with a decoder fitted.

Had a lot of problems with lights not going on/off as instructions. Turns out it was a older decoder, Steve from Little Loco offered to change it for free but I believe there was a 'fix' on Little Loco's web page so I used that and all worked perfectly. I have 'tweaked' it a bit more when Paul gave a set of CV's to change so that a each function button set up a different headlight 'headcode' arrangement for say, light engine or fitted goods etc.

It was quite a long set of CV's to amend but works brilliantly.

Certainly Pauls the man.

I doubt you will get any reply from Steve as Little Loco Company is up for sale, see their trade thread on here.

Dave

John,

I'll answer your PM in more detail shortly.

To eliminate all other reasons than someone has 'adjusted' some CVs, first thing to do would be a decoder reset. Use CV8 = 8 which will reset all CVs to that supplied originally. This is not a reset to factory defaults.

Running the in the wrong direction and lamps illuminating inappropriately is not a disaster, it can all besolved by CV changes. At least you know that the motor and all LEDs are wired and functional.

Best regards,

Paul

• Like 2

I also bought a refurb LLC Class 15 as DC.

Do I need a special decoder from LLC or its distributors, or will an ordinary Zimo MX645PluX22 with Paul's Activedrive sounds from Digitrains do the job?

Thanks

Duncan,

I purchased my decoder from Trains4U who are a Little Loco Stockist, It was the only one they has in stock. However, they were the first one I rang from the list of stockists on the little loco website which is still operating. If you bought your refurbished loco from the Little Loco Ebay site, you may be able to contact Steve through " contact the seller". I did contact Steve through this route, and he said Little Loco were out of stock but may be getting further stock.

May first call would be to Digitrains. 

John

• Thanks 1

Paul,

I have reset the decoder. CVs 3&4 are now reasonable values and the loco drives as I would expect.

The marker lights are still adrift

F 20= Front lower left

F 21= rear top

F 22= rear lower right

F 23=front lower centre

All lights respond to change of direction. Forwards being cab end leading.

Thanks for your help

John

• Informative/Useful 1

John

It looks very much like the way mine operated when I first purchased it with an early decoder.

At one time there was a fix on Little Loco Company's web site but I'm having trouble getting on that.

I'll see if I have still got the cv's re-set numbers this evening if that helps.

Dave

1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

Is this part of the problem? Generally nose end should be forward .....

Ian,

It's an indication that the decoder is from the early batch, but the real issue is that the factory changed the wiring at the production stage without telling us.

I'll post the 'correction CVs' shortly.

Best regards,

Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, pauliebanger said:

Please amend the CVs listed below to the values shown. This should correct the direction of travel and the incorrect lamp illumination.

CV29 = 7

and

image.png.d63849f9abc9c9f565f1208d02aea8ff.png

Best regards,

Paul

2 hours ago, pauliebanger said:

Please amend the CVs listed below to the values shown. This should correct the direction of travel and the incorrect lamp illumination.

CV29 = 7

and

image.png.d63849f9abc9c9f565f1208d02aea8ff.png

Best regards,

Paul

Hi Paul

Beat me to it just found LLC cv changes as issued on web site BUT mine also includes changing 458 = 7 ?

I subsequently up-rated the function buttons as your instruction to give different headcode light arrangement for class of train which is brilliant!

Dave

Dave,

You're quite right, I've clipped the list too short. CV458 = 7 should also be included, otherwise, the cab light will only illuminate in one diection only.

Sorry to anyone if that caused confusion. Well spotted, Dave.

Best regards,

Paul