Where to buy Copperclad Sleepers and Code 75 Nickel Silver Rail?

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks 

Wondering where people would suggest I purchased PCB strips / sleeper selections for building crossings and code 75 Bullhead Nickel Silver Rail? 

Tried EMGS Online shop but it’s closed until c 10/6 so - tried to go to Marcway this afternoon but their new hours (not on their website) meant it was closed upon my arrival at 16:15. So looking for fast web shopping for my goods! 

Any pointers much appreciated! 

Ta

Ralf 

Try Wizard Models - I've only used them for exhibition purchases so can't comment on the speediness of their mail-order - the product you want for points and crossings is 

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/buildings/copper-clad-strip-for-turnout-timbers-ls0031/

I'm not sure that they do rail though - I tried searching, but couldn't come up with a search term to find any.

C&L do a similar product (as 31A just posted!), but they are more expensive and commentators on here say their mail-order side is not exactly speedy. However they do sell rail. 

2 hours ago, Ralf said:

Hi folks 

Wondering where people would suggest I purchased PCB strips / sleeper selections for building crossings and code 75 Bullhead Nickel Silver Rail? 

Tried EMGS Online shop but it’s closed until c 10/6 so - tried to go to Marcway this afternoon but their new hours (not on their website) meant it was closed upon my arrival at 16:15. So looking for fast web shopping for my goods! 

Any pointers much appreciated! 

Ta

Ralf 

Ralf,

Glad you raised this subject as I was wondering the same. Thanks for the information regarding Marcway, they are not far away so I'll be getting some copperclad sleepers from them (being wary of the opening hours).

• RMweb Gold
On 21 May 2019 at 19:22, ScRSG said:

Marcway, now including SMP sell all you will need, and their prices are reasonable.

Yes but they changed their opening hours and not their website and I had a wasted trip, I'd rather shop with someone who a) tells the world they've changed their hours and b) embraces the 21st Century and this internet contraption! Never mind seems Marcway or C&L likely at a show. Project on hold. 

Ta

Ralf 

• RMweb Gold
On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:33, sharris said:

Try Wizard Models - I've only used them for exhibition purchases so can't comment on the speediness of their mail-order - the product you want for points and crossings is 

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/buildings/copper-clad-strip-for-turnout-timbers-ls0031/

I'm not sure that they do rail though - I tried searching, but couldn't come up with a search term to find any.

C&L do a similar product (as 31A just posted!), but they are more expensive and commentators on here say their mail-order side is not exactly speedy. However they do sell rail. 

Wizard are very quick at responding to orders if they have the items in stock - usually i get my stuff in 2-3 days maximum from them. You can buy a length of Peco flexitrack and remove the rail from the sleepers and that is easily available mail order!

Failing that - DCC Concepts do a full range: https://www.dccconcepts.com/product-category/track-and-track-making-parts/dccconcepts-track-and-track-making-parts/

Edited by ianLMS

• 1 year later...