Heljan announce Class 45 in OO

AY Mod

Funny how this is comes straight after Bachmann's Class 45 Regional Ltd. Edition announcement...ouch

Anyway if any of these replicate the current day preserved Class 45's then I'll buy one, if anyone can confirm that would be great as I don't know much about the 45.

Edited by classy52

Great news, clearly yesterday's announcement by Bachmann must have been brought forward having heard about this (or seen the Olivia's leak).

Very pleased about "Sherwood Forrester" as I have recently discovered a 2x great uncle died in WW1 whilst serving with them who is commemorated on the Thiepval memorial in France, although I haven't been able to work out why he was serving in an East Midlands regiment when he came from Walsall.  I'll definitely be getting 45060 as well as a 45/1.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Funny how this is comes straight after Bachmann's Class 45 Regional Ltd. Edition announcement...ouch

Anyway if any of these replicate the current day preserved Class 45 then I'll buy one, if anyone can confirm that would be great as I don't know much about the 45.

I suspect it may be the other way round. Heljan will have been working on this for a long while where as Bachmann will have had less to do as they already have the chassis.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

27 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Anyway if any of these replicate the current day preserved Class 45's then I'll buy one, if anyone can confirm that would be great as I don't know much about the 45.

45133 is based on the Midland Railway. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

This is gonna get confusing- there’s an item no 45106 that is not 45 106 in green!!

good to see a full range of options - hopefully we don’t get the old Heljan random error generator.

• Agree 1

Yay, Hallelujah!

A truly iconic diesel for me. I always admired HJs 7mm version and this looks to be even better.

I understand that the Barwell team are also revisiting their version? Which I also love so it will be good to be able to see how another maker tackles it.

Cheers,

John 

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Interesting: Breaking news on Hattons . The discounted price is £143.95 , just undercutting the Bachmann version . What a coincidence!

Equally the discounted Bachmann price is £123, so it's still cheaper. We'll wait and see..

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Lochnagar said:

Equally the discounted Bachmann price is £123, so it's still cheaper. We'll wait and see..

Interesting. I thought that because they were dealer special editions discounting was not allowed, or at least not encouraged. May I ask where you are seeing £123?

Edited by Legend

40 minutes ago, Legend said:

Interesting. I thought that because they were dealer special editions discounting was not allowed, or at least not encouraged. May I ask where you are seeing £123?

45040 is that price from Derails and it swayed me to get that instead of 046.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pinzaboy said:

This is great news about the 45. But I do hope Heljan give serious consideration to the headcode fonts and get it right this time, unlike their previous attempts on their diesel locos.

Here's hoping!

Tim

The (now not so new) UK representative for Heljan agrees, see his comment from last year here:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/139653-Heljan-announce-o-gauge-clayton/&do=findComment&comment=3387530

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, luke_stevens said:

I suspect it may be the other way round. Heljan will have been working on this for a long while where as Bachmann will have had less to do as they already have the chassis.

Also as far as I can see, no delivery period is quoted by Bachmann, as yet.

Great news on the announcement Heljan. I will be taking one.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Which of these, if any, will be a 45/1 in banger blue with sealed beam lights, unweathered, but no high intensity light? I gather 45 133 is as preserved, which appears to have the high intensity light.

Edited by Ian J.

3 minutes ago, Ian J. said:

Which of these, if any, will be a 45/1 in banger blue with sealed beam lights, unweathered, but no high intensity light? I gather 45 133 is as preserved, which appears to have the high intensity light.

45402 – BR blue 45133 with full yellow ends.

No mention of a headlight. Thats on the blue 118 and green 106

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Could i draw on someone's superior knowledge please

i have only seen sherwood forester with br blue split headcodes.

rails states theres is the sealed end version

When did which version run or is one a preservation version

Many thanks in advance 

2 minutes ago, Garry D100 said:

Could i draw on someone's superior knowledge please

i have only seen sherwood forester with br blue split headcodes.

rails states theres is the sealed end version

When did which version run or is one a preservation version

Many thanks in advance 

45060 ran in BFYE with split boxes 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Class_45-0_45060_Sherwood_Forrester%2C_Sheffield_Midland_station%2C_21_April_1976.jpg

and was modified in the late seventies/ early eighties to look like this

https://photos.smugmug.com/RAILWAYS/FENLAND-RAILWAY-FOTOS/CLASS-4546/i-jX3psKB/3/1de487e1/L/45060-L.jpg

in which state it entered preservation, where it was later retro-modded to look like this

https://live.staticflickr.com/4243/33950731403_1726f8c30a_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

30 minutes ago, stovepipe said:

Also as far as I can see, no delivery period is quoted by Bachmann, as yet.

Great news on the announcement Heljan. I will be taking one.

Bachmann's 45/0s are due 2019 Q4.