Heljan announce Class 45 in OO

AY Mod

6 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Thats excellent news! saves you all a job then

Precisely. Being aware of the fact that Heljan ARE reading this thread, I and others have voiced our opinions (something we are all entitled to, which isn't moaning) that there appear to be some errors with the current model which we would like to see addressed if possible. We still have the right to vote with our wallets, but that doesn't necessarily mean we want to. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Philou said:

For my tuppence worth, in the photo posted by tinsley-toton, they look fine by my eyes. Do I want one? Oh yes please. Once on the track at a standard viewing distance, I doubt if anyone 'not in the know' will notice anything, droopy 'eyebrow's or not.

Cheers,

Philip

:o

You've found the key to really upsetting some members on  here :rofl:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Thats excellent news! saves you all a job then.

:lol_mini:  Sorry to disappoint - Honestly - i'm not.

I am no expert on Peaks, but I want it to be right, so I for one am grateful to those that can spot errors doing so. 

It seems that your posts, and not just in this thread, are quite anti RMWeb members who don’t accept any old thing being offered up and want something accurate - even when they offer that advice in a positive manner. 

Please, let those who can help improve things have their say. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Like 3
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I am no expert on Peaks, but I want it to be right, so I for one am grateful to those that can spot errors doing so. 

It seems that your posts, and not just in this thread, are quite anti RMWeb members who don’t accept any old thing being offered up and want something accurate - even when they offer that advice in a positive manner. 

Please, let those who can help improve things have their say. 

Roy

Yes - each to their own but how far is right before it borders on obsession? I put forward the suggestion to be proactive and that errors development faults and defects found by members ITK should be directed at the manufacturer without the forum clever clogg rippingness to pieces whinging and general feeling that some on here take great delight in manufacturers failures. 

Of course It's all for the good of the end product if channelled in the correct ways -  I'm looking forward to owning a Heljan Peak and hopefully one that doesnt explode or bend like a banana.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail

25 minutes ago, Holmesfeldian said:

Some encouraging youtube feedback.

James DEMU seems particularly contented 

..........Well, it's got to be said, finally an accurate "Peak" in 4mm.

After years of conveting Bachmann and mainline (palitoy) models Heljan have got them right. Shame they're not doing the 44's too but as there are two unique ones amongst the ten I suppose it's a big ask. These new offering will definitely be joining my collection when they're released............

Edited by Crisis Rail

57 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

Yes - each to their own but how far is right before it borders on obsession? I put forward the suggestion to be proactive and that errors development faults and defects by members ITK should be directed at the manufacturer without the forum clever clogg rippingness to pieces whinging and general feeling that some members take great delight in manufacturers failing. 

Of course It's all for the good of the end product if channelled in the correct ways -  i'm looking forward to a Heljan Peak finished article and hopefully one that doesnt explode and bend like a banana.

Ian

And not forgetting being a troll and trying to find and cause conflict when there is none.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Regarding informing 'manufacturers' that we're concerned about an upcoming model's appearance, threads such as this are very much a part of that process. We know that representatives from them keep an eye on the site and threads relevant to them, so making suitably constructive comments here is not unwarranted. In some cases, this has lead to changes.

Also, remember that many of us don't know the 'official' channels to communicate concerns, and certainly most of us don't know the unofficial ones (which are, funnily enough, more likely to be listened to).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Ian J. said:

Regarding informing 'manufacturers' that we're concerned about an upcoming model's appearance, threads such as this are very much a part of that process. We know that representatives from them keep an eye on the site and threads relevant to them, so making suitably constructive comments here is not unwarranted. In some cases, this has lead to changes.

Also, remember that many of us don't know the 'official' channels to communicate concerns, and certainly most of us don't know the unofficial ones (which are, funnily enough, more likely to be listened to).

Yes indeed, and in Crisis Rails' eagerness to rant off at people, he seems to have missed that Heljan's UK Representative posted in the thread on 24 February, a mere 7 days before his foolish behaviour began.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Guest Half-full
22 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Some encouraging youtube feedback.

James DEMU seems particularly contented 

..........Well, it's got to be said, finally an accurate "Peak" in 4mm.

After years of conveting Bachmann and mainline (palitoy) models Heljan have got them right. Shame they're not doing the 44's too but as there are two unique ones amongst the ten I suppose it's a big ask. These new offering will definitely be joining my collection when they're released............

Just because someone on DEMU says its accurate, doesn't mean it is

I hope Heljan correct the issues highlighted on here, they have made some superb loco's, but can make some pretty silly mistakes.

I'm not in the market for a peak at the moment, but who knows what I'll be after in future

35 minutes ago, Half-full said:

Just because someone on DEMU says its accurate, doesn't mean it is

I hope Heljan correct the issues highlighted on here, they have made some superb loco's, but can make some pretty silly mistakes.

I'm not in the market for a peak at the moment, but who knows what I'll be after in future

:D

Sorry mate - not my opinion as yet - but yes - I agree if this "lively" debate on here make Heljan do a good 'un and one (like I mentioned) doesn't explode it will all be worthwhile and we can all sleep easier at night.

Getting a touch ad nauseam now

Edited by Crisis Rail

• 3 months later...

First pictures...new Heljan pre-production 00 gauge class 45.

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all well.

Very proud to show and announce the first painted pre-production sample of the forthcoming Heljan 00 gauge class 45. This is the first time the 45/1 variant has been accurately reproduced, with a correctly tooled roof and other associated details. The other 45/0 sub variant will also be produced.

Please note that this is a pre production first test bodyshell, the main objective was testing fit and livery elements, there are some detail errors that will be corrected before moving into production.

I offer a pre order service on all new Heljan, and you all know by now a full repaint, weathering, renumbering and sound fitting service. Drop me a line with any order requirements.

Regards,

Lee.

45133e.jpg

45133.jpg

• Like 18

Good to see a painted sample.  Initial reactions - the model does appear to capture the general 'hulk' of the prototype, however, and it's a BIG however... the roof profile still appears to be of incorrect profile, the knock-on effect being an overly slab-sided cabside, along with the all-important windscreen profile appearing of incorrect shape?:

1766566893_Heljan45paintedsamplecorrections.jpg.b5d7636852d2d1ff956031e1321085ce.jpg

45146_1981_02_Birmingham

It will be a really splendid model if these fundamental shape issues are to be corrected, Heljan?  @61661

The main bodyside grill is also lacking any representation of the visible inner framework, although I hear that this latter issue is being addressed...

Best

Al

Edited by YesTor
slight correction to image
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, YesTor said:

Good to see a painted sample.  Initial reactions - the model does appear to capture the general 'hulk' of the prototype, however, and it's a BIG however... the roof profile is still clearly incorrect, the knock-on effect being an overly slab-sided cabside, along with the all-important windscreen profile being horribly wrong:

1766566893_Heljan45paintedsamplecorrections.jpg.b5d7636852d2d1ff956031e1321085ce.jpg

45146_1981_02_Birmingham

It will be a really splendid model if these fundamental shape issues are to be corrected, Heljan?

The main bodyside grill is also lacking any representation of the visible inner framework, although I hear that this latter issue is being addressed...

Best

Al

Totally agree.

The roof shape really messes up the front. I'm not sure this is a great improvement over existing models tbh. 

Nice paint job Lee though.

Will 

• Agree 2

There is no way that those body details will be corrected in my opinion , to do those will need a completely new mould tool for the body.

I would like a really good class 45 myself, And would wish them well with it, But those mistakes mentioned will be too expensive to do at this stage.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, YesTor said:

Good to see a painted sample.  Initial reactions - the model does appear to capture the general 'hulk' of the prototype, however, and it's a BIG however... the roof profile is still clearly incorrect, the knock-on effect being an overly slab-sided cabside, along with the all-important windscreen profile being horribly wrong:

45146_1981_02_Birmingham

It will be a really splendid model if these fundamental shape issues are to be corrected, Heljan?

Best

Al

The same errors are on the 0 gauge model so not a surprise that the 00 gauge model is the same really.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 minutes ago, D1051 said:

The good news is the manufacture has openly stated via Facebook the issue with bolt heads on frames will be addressed . 

That is the easy part, I used to make and repair plastic mould tools, The rivets are an easy fix, These will be little holes on the tool, They will fill those, The body curve is a new tool , That aint gonna happen,I  Know that curve has been pointed out on here, Every picture I look at of the full size loco has it and is very prominent, So it is a big mistake. I model the steam era, so I imagine that if it is not corrected the modern image guys will be up in arm's.

Edited by mswjr
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1