Disappearing Threads

• RMweb Premium

Apologies if this has been raised before but with 64 pages of posts it will take a while to find the thread I might be looking for if one exists.

I have always (and still) leave my browser open when I have finished using the computer each day. That way I don't have to remember what I was doing or where I was doing it the next time I power up.

I have set the "site" up so that it will show me all unread posts since my last visit. That bit works fine except that I don't always go straight to the browser when I power up the PC this never used to be a problem with the old site. However, with the new site I'm finding that after reading the first post/thread of interest I go back to the unread screen which then updates to include only the things that I haven't read since I powered up that day, not the posts that I haven't read since the previous time the PC was powered up.

I try to adjust this by varying the time period but this seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. Is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong? 

• Friendly/supportive 1