The National Festival of Railway Modelling, Peterborough - 7 & 8 December 2019

BRMExhibitions

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, westerner said:

Is it possible to put up a list of traders and demonstrates please?

Here we go...

Layouts

Traders

The link to demonstrators seems to be broken still so I'll come back to you Alan.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, richierailfan72 said:

I know it is a bit early, but what date is the Warley Show next year?

The reason I ask is that I have something planned next year so will miss it if it is on the 21st and 22nd November.

Do you follow the rule of the last full weekend in November? If so then I should make it.

And you're asking the BRM team in the BRM show thread this question.

It will likely be announced on the Warley site once the current show has passed or you could post this in the Warley thread and one of the organisers might know the date.

I'm sure I clicked 

2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

And you're asking the BRM team in the BRM show thread this question.

It will likely be announced on the Warley site once the current show has passed or you could post this in the Warley thread and one of the organisers might know the date.

I'm sure I clicked on the Warley thread. I was using my phone, so may have clicked the wrong one.

I am definitely going to Peterborough this year as I couldn't make it last year due to doing shift cover at work. I am really looking forward to it

On 07/11/2019 at 07:51, AY Mod said:

Here we go...

Layouts

Traders

The link to demonstrators seems to be broken still so I'll come back to you Alan.

Demonstrations 

Here is a link to what is happening at the show. Make sure you visit the Market Deeping MRC area at the back of the hall where they will attempt to build an entire layout from scratch, while also offering the public a chance to have a go themselves.  They will also be exhibiting their Woodcroft that was damaged by vandals and is now repaired.

East of England Arena & Conference Centre are opening for breakfast before the National Festival of Railway Modelling.

Pre-booked ticket holders will have access to the Peterborough suite from 9am to purchase either Full English £7.95 or breakfast baps from £3.50. No need to wait outside for the show to open!

Send the caterers an email on eoecateringorders@amadeusfood.co.uk to confirm your breakfast booking and they will reply with a code that will give you a free tea or coffee with every  full English breakfast purchased.

Breakfast.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, BRMExhibitions said:

Pre-booked ticket holders will have access to the Peterborough suite from 9am to purchase either Full English £7.95 or breakfast baps from £3.50. No need to wait outside for the show to open!

How civilised! And very welcome on a cold December morning - you know it makes sense to pre-book now!

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Bacon looks a bit crispy!

It will be by the 7th.

I expect someone will grumble the livery's not right when they produce them.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

December is pretty much a non runner for getting time off unfortunately. 

The move to December was a success last year with increased attendance and good feedback from the trade so 2020 will certainly be December (and it won't clash with Manchester). October is too full and with shows in Milton Keynes and Spalding the geography is an issue too.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
On 28/11/2019 at 09:46, John M Upton said:

Is there any possibility of this show moving back to the old October dates at some point?  December is pretty much a non runner for getting time off unfortunately. 

You're working for the wrong TOC. If you were with SouthWestern you would have plenty of time on your hhands this month.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 28/11/2019 at 09:46, John M Upton said:

Is there any possibility of this show moving back to the old October dates at some point?  December is pretty much a non runner for getting time off unfortunately. 

There`s surprising quite a lot of sickness about at the moment, probably due to the change in the weather. Now you wouldn`t want to spread it about to the rest of your Colleagues, so a day off at the weekend to recuperate may be just what the Doctor ordered!! 

**LAST CHANCE FOR ADVANCE TICKETS TO PETERBOROUGH SHOW**

The National Festival of Railway Modelling opens at 10am on Saturday, or 9.30am if you’ve booked your ticket already. Don’t forget bookings close at 12noon tomorrow(6/12/19).

Remember that subscriber's tickets are just £8 when pre-booked and include a free showguide.

www.model-railway-shows.co.uk

2019 Peterborough Railways - eshot - Subscriber Discount Banner.jpg

On 28/11/2019 at 09:54, AY Mod said:

The move to December was a success last year with increased attendance and good feedback from the trade so 2020 will certainly be December (and it won't clash with Manchester). October is too full and with shows in Milton Keynes and Spalding the geography is an issue too.

Good to know that you won't be clashing with Manchester after this year, thanks.

We could almost do with another month in the run up to Christmas but there'd still not be enough time for all the shows these days!

Cheers,

John.