The National Festival of Railway Modelling, Peterborough - 7 & 8 December 2019

BRMExhibitions

Come and enjoy a great weekend for keen modellers, railway enthusiasts and families alike.

·         Visit the demonstration areas for the opportunity to learn new techniques.

·         View over 30 must see layouts from a variety of scales & gauges from UK and abroad.

·         Browse and buy from a great selection of 100+ quality traders & societies.

·         A FREE shuttle bus service will run approximately every 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday between Peterborough Railway station and the venue.

·         Driving? The venue offers FREE parking, for Sat Nav please use PE2 6HE.

Tickets (including a free showguide and early entry) when booked before 12 noon 6th December 2019.

£9 per adult

£5 for children over 5

On the door - £10
Group bookings 10+ cost per ticket £8

Subscribers to BRM, Garden rail, Narrow Gauge World, Engineering in Miniature and Traction Magazines pay just £8 per adult.

Day 1: 7/12/19
Opening times Day 1: 10.00am - 5.00pm (pre-booked ticket holders 9:30am)
Day 2: 8/12/19
Opening times Day 2: 10.00am – 4.00pm (pre-booked ticket holders 9:30am)

The show is kindly supported by The Market Deeping Model Railway Club.

Visit the website for information on layouts and exhibitors and to book www.model-railway-shows.co.uk

Edited by BRMExhibitions
Out of date layout list
  • Like 1

• AY Mod pinned this topic
  • Administrators
5 minutes ago, PenrithBeacon said:

Will there be a cloakroom where bags and outdoor clothing can be dropped off? 

Not at this show, there's nowhere really suitably secure to store everything. The venue is big enough and airy so it's less of a problem than at most shows.

• 3 months later...
On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:17, BRMExhibitions said:

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/shows/information/national-festival-of-railway-modelling-2019-layout-details

Just put together the details and images of the layouts attending The Peterborough Model Rail Show.  Have a look and plan your day out.

tickets.png.08ee9d0e7358f413e636f7a9b96bd9e5.png

Clicking on the link just gives the message:

OOPS!

Looks like we’ve misplaced that page or it does not exist anymore.

Is that just me?!

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Is that just me?!

Nope, it's been part of a software update by our IT department bost at the moment.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

Clicking on the link just gives the message:

OOPS!

Looks like we’ve misplaced that page or it does not exist anymore.

Is that just me?!

No - it is not just you.

It seems as Andy says that the powers that be have reorganised the website.

Link to the layouts is now:

https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/the-national-festival-of-railway-modelling-layout

• Thanks 1

• AY Mod unpinned and pinned this topic
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BRMExhibitions said:

Sorry the link was changed when our IT department tweaked the website!  Please have a look now https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/national-festival-of-railway-modelling-2019-layout-details

This link has all the details of the layouts attending the Peterborough Event. 

The Modbury Torr (TT) entry has alongside it a description relating to Faringdon (P4) which I don't believe is attending?

Why is it that every year it is such a faff trying to get a ticket with a subscriber discount? Entering the required information into the promotion box simply does not work. Having gone through the whole process including entering my subscriber details in the correct format the Ticket Factory took nine pounds off me instead of eight. Not impressed !

Edited by H2Eric
addition info
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, bourneagain said:

2 questions- Did you enter the promo code P19 prefixed your subs number into the promo box before starting the ordering process?

And you are a hard copy subscriber, as digital subscribers don`t get the subscriber discount?   

Yes,  I entered the promotion code as specified with the prefix P19 and I am a hard copy subscriber.

This is not the first time that the Ticket Factory has failed to deliver the discount as they did it to me last year as well. The instructions on the web site state that the promotion code should be entered on the next page. Wrong! They is no opportunity to enter such on any of the pages apart from the very first one, which obviously doesn't work.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry, if I`m mistaken, but the way that you have described the method you brought your ticket was direct from the Ticket Factory web site.

If this is correct, then can I suggest that the next time you go through the British Railway Modelling web site, which will in a couple of menu steps take you through to their Show page.

If you book your ticket from that site, it will take you to the Ticket Factory wed page in a slightly different format, where the promo box is clearly shown above the full price ticket prices.

After you have entered the promo code, you then get taken to the discounted ticket price web page.

Should you encounter any further problems then best to send an email to exhibit@warnersgroup.co.uk who will be able to assist you.

Hope this helps and enjoy the show.

22 hours ago, bourneagain said:

Sorry, if I`m mistaken, but the way that you have described the method you brought your ticket was direct from the Ticket Factory web site.

If this is correct, then can I suggest that the next time you go through the British Railway Modelling web site, which will in a couple of menu steps take you through to their Show page.

If you book your ticket from that site, it will take you to the Ticket Factory wed page in a slightly different format, where the promo box is clearly shown above the full price ticket prices.

After you have entered the promo code, you then get taken to the discounted ticket price web page.

Should you encounter any further problems then best to send an email to exhibit@warnersgroup.co.uk who will be able to assist you.

Hope this helps and enjoy the show.

At the top of this thread there is a box 'Click here to purchase advanced tickets', that is how I tried to obtain a ticket with subscriber discount, which turns out as described above. I also tried the BRM web site and got absolutely nowhere.

• RMweb Gold

Should you encounter problems next time you require a discounted ticket I would use the email address above and they will be able to assist you. I had a problem similar to yours a few years ago and it was resolved in a couple of days after sending the email.

14 hours ago, bourneagain said:

Should you encounter problems next time you require a discounted ticket I would use the email address above and they will be able to assist you. I had a problem similar to yours a few years ago and it was resolved in a couple of days after sending the email.

So you're telling us they've known about the fault for "a few years", but still not fixed it?!

Paul

• RMweb Gold

No that is not what I was implying, there were problems a few years ago,  when Warners first transferred their ticketing system over to Ticket Factory that my promo code wasn`t being accepted, so like I stated,  after contacting the email help line my problem was quickly resolved. I`ve not had any problems since, nor do I suspect have the others who also had the same problem.

And this is what I was advising this person to do, instead of completing their ticket transaction, contact Warners to establish what the problem is and why their promo code won`t work. As the show is still over 5 weeks away there’s plenty of time to sort out, with the help line any problems with promo codes that don`t appear to work.    

Edited by bourneagain
added missed words

The problems with promotion codes and the Ticket Factory have indeed been going on for years and neither party has done anything about it. These problems should not happen and there is no excuse. Its time for Warners Group to have a rethink starting by giving the Ticket Factory the big E

• Agree 2

OK Peeps _ is there a way of getting an advance ticket without having to register for ticket Factory and Visa? This happens every year and I do not wish to be register with either.  To say it p****s me off is an understatement especially as organising advance e-tickets with Kettering and Spalding is such a doddle.

Edit - now got an e-ticket since I had registered previously with Ticket Factory. the above still stands - why?

Edited by geoffers
  • Agree 1

• Moderators

GMRC_radio_telescope.jpg

Breaking news; we are receiving signals from outer space, or somewhere up north. We will have an additional, and rather special, extra layout at the show this year.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Breaking news; we are receiving signals from outer space, or somewhere up north. We will have an additional, and rather special, extra layout at the show this year.

The whole of the Styal line in N with RTR class 304s from RevolutioN and Manchester Pullman carriages by Farish?

• Funny 1

DSC08629_crop.JPG.bcd39f6b3c732daed69c539673a051fd.JPG

We've even managed to throw some paint on that Wills random stone walling since the earlier screen grab.

Yes, Team Grantham from this year's GMRC are delighted to accept a first exhibition invite for our winning Heat 5 layout 'Per Ardua Ad Astra' (the Swiss inspired one with the working radio telescope).

DSC08612.JPG.9163f4c7a5895dabf9c9a08e5b7af13b.JPG

Here are Team Grantham's Paul and Tom back at base undertaking some minor tidying up following transportation back from Fawley Hill.

DSC08609.JPG.02b2b4594298eb4c82789a8d0a3394ff.JPG

There might be a little bit of continental stock in the mix ...

DSC08653.JPG.0d5bc51467812186b1809e4071e03dd6.JPG

... otherwise it will be presented exactly as seen on the programme, complete the periodic rocket launch.

If the whole GMRC thing is not your ... er ...thing, then do not despair - we will still  be running our 'Spirit of Shap' layout as previously advertised.

692354811_Shap13.jpg.115f06bede300c275851868f6ccf018e.jpg [Tony Wright]

Look forward to seeing you there.

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 7