Heljan new release.

birdseyecircus

7 minutes ago, birdseyecircus said:

Heljan announced on Facebook- 'one week to go

No clues on scale or era.

Paul

I saw that too about 30 mins ago....I didn't share that here because the post is so vague that I assumed I had missed and announcement of an announcement of something.

Guess I'm not the only one.

That post gets my vote for the "Most Unhelpful Clue" award in the model train business. Literally could be anything.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

3 minutes ago, D1051 said:

Mmmm when looking at said "Facebook" post i did wonder .It looks like a cad-cam of a radiator & surround .

Whereas F*** is a four-letter word.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

21 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

What about an O2/1, an O2/2 and a Wickham Railbus? All of these we were promised.

Hello,

I'm not going to add anything to today's teaser on social media, other than to say we think it's an exciting development, but I can tell you more about why the three items mentioned haven't appeared. 

LNER O2/1 and O2/2 - sales of the O2/3 and O2/4 were disappointing and there are still some out in the market several years after release. We feel that putting even more O2s into retailers would not be a wise move at this stage, especially as there's little sign of any demand for them when we talk to customers online and at shows. However, the design work has been done, so it's a possibility in the future if demand does start to grow. 

Wickham DRB - Although sales of the earlier DRBs were good, it was a case of diminishing returns on the later ones and as the Wickhams were among the more obscure types development was not regarded as a priority. Again, apart from the very occasional query, we are not seeing any sign of demand for it and unless that changes it should be regarded as shelved. 

Hope this helps

Ben

Edited by 61661
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 minutes ago, 61661 said:

Hello,

I'm not going to add anything to today's teaser on social media, other than to say we think it's an exciting development, but I can tell you more about why the three items mentioned haven't appeared. 

LNER O2/1 and O2/2 - sales of the O2/3 and O2/4 were disappointing and there are still some out in the market several years after release. We feel that putting even more O2s into retailers would not be a wise move at this stage, especially as there's little sign of any demand for them when we talk to customers online and at shows. However, the design work has been done, so it's a possibility in the future if demand does start to grow. 

Wickham DRB - Although sales of the earlier DRBs were good, it was a case of diminishing returns on the later ones and as the Wickhams were among the more obscure types development was not regarded as a priority. Again, apart from the very occasional query, we are not seeing any sign of demand for it and unless that changes it should be regarded as shelved. 

Hope this helps

Ben

Not, of course, what I wanted to hear but very informative, thank you. A shame about the O2s in particular. A little on the expensive side, perhaps, and with one or two shortcomings but lovely models for all that with qualities all of their own. I console myself with the thought that once upon a time there were no RTR LNER heavy goods locos but look at what we have now!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Not, of course, what I wanted to hear but very informative, thank you. A shame about the O2s in particular. A little on the expensive side, perhaps, and with one or two shortcomings but lovely models for all that with qualities all of their own. I console myself with the thought that once upon a time there were no RTR LNER heavy goods locos but look at what we have now!

I really hope that this is not the end of the O2 project. None of the versions thus far released were suitable for 'pre war' LNER era as they all had Thompson or BR numbers. The O2/2s never had a chance of attracting pre orders as too little information was made available. Two versions were shown stating they would carry 'LNER livery' but never said whether it was early or late (i.e. with Grouping or Thompson numbering) so I never ordered! I do have a post war O2/4 and live in hope of getting a pre war example....from Heljan or anyone else.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Tramshed said:

I really hope that this is not the end of the O2 project. None of the versions thus far released were suitable for 'pre war' LNER era as they all had Thompson or BR numbers. The O2/2s never had a chance of attracting pre orders as too little information was made available. Two versions were shown stating they would carry 'LNER livery' but never said whether it was early or late (i.e. with Grouping or Thompson numbering) so I never ordered! I do have a post war O2/4 and live in hope of getting a pre war example....from Heljan or anyone else.

Let’s hope Ben is still reading. Anyone else care to add a request? The grey GNR version was particularly tantalising.

• Agree 3