Heljan new release.

birdseyecircus

6 minutes ago, Wheres_Wally said:

Fell. The time is right!

I wish someone thought so. Some years ago, I saw a “confidential” document from Kernow being waved about. In it was something which looked as if it might be a Fell. Kernow is the company to do it, after the resounding successes of the Bulleid diesels and D600 Warships. We’ll have to wait at least until after the steam rail motor, though. Heljan seems to have moved away from “oddballs” after having started the whole thing off.

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Let’s be honest. How many Fell locos would actually sell? I suspect very few. 

Roy

It's a unique enough item that while sales for running on a layout may be questionable, sales to collectors to sit in a cabinet could well make it a viable model.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Fenman said:

I’m surprised no-one’s yet released an O gauge transition era DMU - such as a Derby Lightweight, a 105 or a 101. 

I promise I’m not wish-listing. Honest. 

Paul

1 minute ago, nickb4141 said:

Totally agree with the class 101 DMU - I’m amazed neither Heljan or Dapol have snapped this one up, bearing in mind it’s longevity, geographical spread and vast amount of liveries to produce! 

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:31, 61661 said:

...LNER O2/1 and O2/2 - sales of the O2/3 and O2/4 were disappointing and there are still some out in the market several years after release. We feel that putting even more O2s into retailers would not be a wise move at this stage, especially as there's little sign of any demand for them when we talk to customers online and at shows. However, the design work has been done, so it's a possibility in the future if demand does start to grow...

Off topic I know, but I had guessed as much. Frankly I would have preferred the 'GNR' versions first.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I tell you what would be a good idea....sort out the drooping couplers for a start, then improve on the on-board wiring, which is kind of flimsy, devise a different more accessible location for fitting a decoder. Apart from that a Trans-Pennine DMU, or an up to date Class 30/31

• Agree 2

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:25, Steamport Southport said:

...We really need a new 8F....

1 hour ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Not by Heljan we don't

It could hardly be worse than the present Hornby apology for Stanier's most effective heavy goods; and if as weight packed as the O2 - which has comfortably the most grunt of any RTR OO class 8 goods model - would way outclass the current Hornby 8F for traction, as this model is way too light.

Then again, Hornby could tool up an all new Stanier 8F to the same standard as their B12/3. Largely cast metal bodyshell, accurate and with all practical detail faithfully rendered, fully concealed drive, sufficient weight from the construction to deliver ample traction. Much as I really like the B12/3 which is as good a UK RTR OO steam model as any, surely Hornby had a better investment target in the similar size Black 5 or 8F when it came to subject selection? An all new metal bodied 8F would surely have had all the H-D nostalgists  wetting themselves with excitement?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

It could hardly be worse than the present Hornby apology for Stanier's most effective heavy goods; and if as weight packed as the O2 - which has comfortably the most grunt of any RTR OO class 8 goods model - would way outclass the current Hornby 8F for traction, as this model is way too light.

Then again, Hornby could tool up an all new Stanier 8F to the same standard as their B12/3. Largely cast metal bodyshell, accurate and with all practical detail faithfully rendered, fully concealed drive, sufficient weight from the construction to deliver ample traction. Much as I really like the B12/3 which is as good a UK RTR OO steam model as any, surely Hornby had a better investment target in the similar size Black 5 or 8F when it came to subject selection? An all new metal bodied 8F would surely have had all the H-D nostalgists  wetting themselves with excitement?

Agree a new 8F is needed but needs to be better engineered and finished than Heljan have managed to demonstrate with UK steam loco’s to date and be affordable.  Bachmann have the measurements (scanned?) from their 2mm model but seem to lack the resource to get new products to market quickly. Hornby no doubt have the research in house and there are several examples available to scan. Hornby have also demonstrated the will and have the resource to bring a model to market relatively swiftly. Incidentally an organisation unknown (to me!)  scanned the NYMR Black Five late last year.  

I know it'll probably be somewhere in the future, but an 86/2, 86/4 & 86/6 wouldn't go amiss alongside the new early versions (Especially 401 in it's current guise of Caley Sleeper "Mons Meg") 

Or... back to the wagons and a return and expansion of the sadly missed Cargo-Waggon fleet, extending to the KSA High Cube versions? 

• Agree 1

Being based on the route of the Carlisle - Chirk log train, we regularly get asked for these wagons which I believe use the Cargowagon chassis (please correct me if I am wrong)

Announcement is on Friday morning, and should appear on their Facebook page at 9 a.m. (UK time)