Have I missed the 17th May update.

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Following Mr Jones' announcement on the 1st May , then the clarification and out of office message has anyone heard anything? 

Please for Mr York and the team's sanity can future post be about what Mr Jones has sorted out not a repeat of the thread regarding the announcement of 1st May.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I don’t think he ever said there was an announcement on 17th May , just that he was out of office until then . You might have thought given the furore he might have issued a calming statement . Maybe he is keeping his head down until he has got some positive news 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Legend said:

I don’t think he ever said there was an announcement on 17th May , just that he was out of office until then .

From his actual blog post:

I'm not back in the 'office' until the 17th of May, so any news will probably come at or slightly after that date.

I guess it depends on whether our definition of slightly and Dave's definition are close...

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

I would say if Dave had any news that arose whilst he was “out of the office” it would have been shared on his return, the 17th or shortly afterwards, one week max in my view. So I read it that there was no news. Of course Dave could have put out a brief note out saying “I am back sorry no updates but I am again available by email and phone”.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The problem is if he wishes to salvage anything from the wreckage of his infamous 1st May announcement/wibblings/rant/gibberish* then he really needs to be answering the awful lot of questions from the awful lot of people who want to know what the hell is going on now.  The longer he leaves it, the more the chances are that his Crowdfunders are going to cut their losses and walk away (indeed some already have it would appear) which will see the ship sink still faster.

[* - Delete as appropriate!]

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Is there any point to this thread ? Andy Y temporarily closed the other thread until such time as there is an update as it was just going round in ever decreasing circles. I'm sure he will re open it when/ if there is a reason too  and that he really wont want to have to monitor gawd knows how many pages this one will generate

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Mattc6911 said:

Is there any point to this thread ? Andy Y temporarily closed the other thread until such time as there is an update as it was just going round in ever decreasing circles. I'm sure he will re open it when/ if there is a reason too  and that he really wont want to have to monitor gawd knows how many pages this one will generate

Yes there is, it is called customer relations. Don't tell your customers you will be able to answer their enquiries by a certain date, then don't.

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

It's been mentioned many many many many many. . . many times that the best option is to email direct, you probably wont get an answer to your email but I'll bet you would have more chance than DJ answering here. This will just kick the circus off all over again :bomb_mini:

Anyway I'll leave it alone 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yes there is, it is called customer relations. Don't tell your customers you will be able to answer their enquiries by a certain date, then don't.

As mentioned above in the thread, DJM hasn’t mentioned a certain or specifc date for next information. All he said was any information won’t be before 17th May.

(screen capture of DJM blog attached)

C3C98C47-DFA2-4CF8-94C4-18049FCD3725.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Yes he said no info until after the 17th but to which definition of 'slightly after that date' are we working too? To me that's a week or maybe 2 but to Dave it could be a month or so!

Curious to see what the info will be not necessarily in a rush to find out.

Edited by Markwj

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Mattc6911 said:

It's been mentioned many many many many many. . . many times that the best option is to email direct, you probably wont get an answer to your email but I'll bet you would have more chance than DJ answering here. This will just kick the circus off all over again :bomb_mini:

Anyway I'll leave it alone 

Agreed

I e mailed Dave on 13th May and he answered my questions by e mail on 14th May.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Agreed

While I emailed him on 4th May and followed up on 21st May and have not received any response (or action requested) to either note. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

4 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Agreed

So he can answer a email which is “good news” as in a general query whilst he’s “out of the office” but can’t answer the 100s of people who are worried they’ll lose money.

So was he out of the office, which you would reasonably assume he can’t answer communications as a result, or is it another mistruth/misrepresentation? 

This get stinkier by the day, where’s the Cook Report bloke when you need him.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Great Western said:

So he can answer a email which is “good news” as in a general query whilst he’s “out of the office” but can’t answer the 100s of people who are worried they’ll lose money.

So was he out of the office, which you would reasonably assume he can’t answer communications as a result, or is it another mistruth/misrepresentation? 

This get stinkier by the day, where’s the Cook Report bloke when you need him.

I think two things to bear in mind.  When I'm out of the office or on leave, my autoresponder goes on.  If i have a data signal/ability to check emails I will.  I'll answer the easy ones, but leave anything that needs a longer or in-depth reply until i'm back in the office.  So some responses and some non-responses does not suggest anything in my view.

Secondly, you refer to "100s of people who are worried they'll lose money" - all of these projects are crowd-funded, the very definition of which is do not commit to a project unless you can afford to lose the money you commit. I take the view that I am putting money into a project and if I get the end product i've won, but my eyes are firmly open that the outcome may be that I get neither the product or my money back.  Whether through DJM, or any of the crowd-funding websites, there are no guarantees, it is down to the individual to assess whether the risk outweighs the benefit - that is a question for each individual, and not one that needs discussing here.   In saying that, I am not in anyway suggesting there are problems with DJM, just a gentle reminder that all crowd-funding projects carry a high element of risk.

Coming back to the topic, if Dave is in China, that suggests a good push forward, but I am sure all of us who have supported a project will hear when there is news.  Just because we want news doesn't mean there will be any of course!

Richie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Can I point out the obvious? Dave said “any news will come” after this date. Not “news will come” after this date. There won’t be anything to come if there is no news. 

5462B166-9E06-4285-9BA6-954A349B55CD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Can I point out the obvious? Dave said “any news will come” after this date. Not “news will come” after this date. There won’t be anything to come if there is no news. 

5462B166-9E06-4285-9BA6-954A349B55CD.jpeg

Obviously beyond the comprehension of most on this thread. 

• Agree 4

So running with that idea, this means that whilst he was in China, he presumably found out nothing that he felt his crowdfunders would be interested in. Quite an expensive trip to deliver nothing of note.

Fingers crossed that isn't the case - hopefully, as I write this, he is drafting out updates for all the models, to be sent out later this week.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Patience people, patience, the poor chap is no doubt doing his best to figure out what is going on with all those projects he is managing, you can't expect a project manager to just know what is going on in projects they are managing you know.

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, jjb1970 said:

Patience people, patience, the poor chap is no doubt doing his best to figure out what is going on with all those projects he is managing, you can't expect a project manager to just know what is going on in projects they are managing you know.

And that's assuming the person you're dealing with is a good project manager :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DavidH said:

So running with that idea, this means that whilst he was in China, he presumably found out nothing that he felt his crowdfunders would be interested in. Quite an expensive trip to deliver nothing of note.

Fingers crossed that isn't the case - hopefully, as I write this, he is drafting out updates for all the models, to be sent out later this week.

If your not paying for the trip who cares if it’s expensive or not ?

Edited by Great Western
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1