Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Where's Bertiedog?

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

May be Larry was rubbed up by some snowflake type comment, who knows !

But in this day and age it is very common for people to get offended for others, who probably weren’t offended in the first place, you know the 3rd party I am offended for you syndrome, it’s so BBC these days.

best regards

Craig 

Oh, LG knows his stuff alright, sometimes he came over so over the top rude though. No one minds a joke, but he often went beyond that.

Sorry, forget the 'snowflake' reference and 'I'm offended for you, syndrome', it was intended to be a put down.

That is why so many of his posts mysteriously disappeared, because he thought better of them later.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

May be Larry was rubbed up by some snowflake type comment, who knows !

Or maybe he is just offensive sometimes, why else did he delete so many of his posts when called out.

As for the term 'Snowflake' at 57 I doubt I qualify as one.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

It is a fact of life that speech accounts for only 15% of communication, the rest is down to expression and body language.

If Larry uses a cettain type of language in text format, the whole lot is missing 85% of its true meaning.

And to add further predjudice, he's not in a position to defend himself or explain himself on here any more, so all the above is essentially just one side of the story.

As both myself and Craig, who do actually know LG on a personal level, have already said, some Ying to balance the Yang!!!

Jinty 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

Oh, LG knows his stuff alright, sometimes he came over so over the top rude though. No one minds a joke, but he often went beyond that.

Sorry, forget the 'snowflake' reference and 'I'm offended for you, syndrome', it was intended to be a put down.

That is why so many of his posts mysteriously disappeared, because he thought better of them later.

I think that LG may have some medical condition that causes mood swings. As a diabetic, I understand that all too well.

He is usually such an amiable and helpful person who contributed much to RMweb and its members by generously sharing his knowledge. But he did have some "off" days.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I think that LG may have some medical condition that causes mood swings. As a diabetic, I understand that all too well.

He is usually such an amiable and helpful person who contributed much to RMweb and its members by generously sharing his knowledge. But he did have some "off" days.

Agreed - and this was forcefully demonstrated by his very frequent disillusionment with his then-current layout, resulting in him ripping it all up and starting on something different or even in a different scale.

I appreciate that Larry caused offence amongst more sensitive members on a number of occasions, but the extent to which this was deliberate and / or malicious is not clear. I do believe that many more members had come to the conclusion that the outbursts and precipitate destructive action were a character trait over which Larry did not have full control, and reacted (or did not) accordingly.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

As for the term 'Snowflake' at 57 I doubt I qualify as one.

Age is no barrier for being a ‘Snowflake’, just in case you see a future in it.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Re Larry G, It pains me to read all this ***** from people who have probably NEVER met him face to face. Having met him and sat chewing the fat over several things.

Yes he has a wicked sense of humour, and can sometimes be taken the wrong way.

Yes I know some people were offended on here.

But, I found him to be a perfectly respectable and an all round nice and helpful guy. We all have off days, and maybe he vented some anger on here.

BUT, and its a BIG BUT 

HE CANNOT COME ON HERE TO DEFEND HIM SELF.

So yes some Ying from me too.

Have a nice day:D

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators

What's the multi-coloured shouty caps point being made? He breached forum rules several times and never saw he was in the wrong.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• AY Mod locked this topic