LATEST REBUILT ROYAL SCOT

paul 27

Have they just changed the connection between loco and tender, apart from this looks the same as the original

model, is R3558 there latest release, any reviews comments or problems to look for,

thanks in advance for all replies.    Note was referring to the late BR green version.

Edited by paul 27

• RMweb Gold

The loco and tender are permanently connected, and have wiring between loco and a plug in to the tender.

The first time I saw this on the Scot / Patriot was R3558 46165 The Ranger.

The last one I saw the old version was R3085 46117 Welsh Guardsman

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, paul 27 said:

Also is it an accurate sized model  say compared to there Duchess offering  also looking to

purchase the latest  rebuilt Patriot same questions apply.

Why would it not be an accurate sized model? 

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, paul 27 said:

Also is it an accurate sized model  say compared to there Duchess offering  also looking to

I think you mean accuracy as opposed to scale ? The one glaring deficiency is Hornby’s misrepresentation of a rebuilt Scot/Patriot ‘s double chimney.

• Like 2

I'm interested in what isn't accurate in the new Duchess tooling. Since it's scanned from 46235, which is as original as a late BR Duchess can get, what is inaccurate about it?

Also besides the Rebuilt Scot/Pat chimney, the tender isn't exactly spot on either.

• RMweb Gold
On 26/05/2019 at 15:40, paul 27 said:

I think the answer your looking for is yes..

it it is accurate in scale /dimensions. No model is absolute perfect but there’s no reason to discount it as hugely inaccurate, it’s a good model.

Edited by adb968008

13 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I think the answer your looking for is yes..

it it is accurate in scale /dimensions. No model is absolute perfect but there’s no reason to discount it as hugely inaccurate, it’s a good model.

Thanks that's good to hear,  any other improvements apart from the loco to tender connections.

14 hours ago, Brocp said:

I'm interested in what isn't accurate in the new Duchess tooling. Since it's scanned from 46235, which is as original as a late BR Duchess can get, what is inaccurate about it?

Also besides the Rebuilt Scot/Pat chimney, the tender isn't exactly spot on either.

Never implied the Duchess was inaccurate I have all there latest BR models have no issues with them,

I know it was scanned but I don't think they did with the Scot.

Edited by paul 27

I thought the chimney issue was sorted after the first batch way back when.  Regrettably we continue to live with the old 4000gal Stanier tender with the weedy axleboxes and the fictitious valence above them.

• Agree 1