What wiring and most suitable test meter

Just seeking some general guidance on what size wire to use and also the minimum requirement in terms of features on a test meter.

In relation to wires I am interested in knowing what wire people recommend for -

a)  DCC bus wire

b) DCC dropper wires

c)  wires for connections in locos / bogies when doing DCC conversions.

It has also become evident that when doing DCC conversions on older locos that a test meter is important to check continuity etc. so some tips on the minimum features that are needed in trying to decide on what meter to purchase.

Alun

To reply to the first part of your question a little more info on what dcc features you are going to do. I.e. Occupancy , automation. Dcc point control ect. But to give some idea I use 2.5mm stranded mains wire the type that is used in conduit, not twin and earth. for droppers I use 7/0.2 stranded wire, these I keep as short as possible and are wired back to the occupancy detectors.

the second part is easy try to get a tester that has an option for a buzzer. This has been the most useful for me. Connections in bogies use decoder wire which can be obtained separately.

andy

Edited by Andymsa