Anyone here a member of DEMU?

Willy

The reason I ask is that I was browsing their website early this morning and decided to join! I clicked on the “Join today” link on the home page of the website and this took me straight to Paypal where I paid my subscription! 

I was expecting to be redirected back to the demu website where I would enter my details and choose a user name, etc. so as I could log in. However I was not redirected nor was I asked any further details by the demu website and I am concerned that something is amiss! 

There is a facility on the home page to contact the membership secretary and I tried this only to be told that an 'error prohibited this message from being sent because it looks like you are not a human’! There was no facility on the contact page to confirm that I was not a robot so I am not sure where to go from here.

Thank you

• Moderators

It's a bank holiday weekend here. AFAIK the applications are manually reviewed and it takes a few days at least to set up logins.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Willy,

Andy is correct - when you pay via the website the Membership Secretary gets a notification and can then process it manually,

He then notifies the webmaster who can then process the info so that you can then gain access to the DEMU Forum.

If you try to log onto the forum anyway it will also go to the webmaster and he can then check with the membership secretary before processing your details to get the accessset up.

I know - it's a bit of a process - but it works!

You have no idea how many people try to access the DEMU Forum who are not paid up members of the society.

Thanks

Phil H

Edited by Scottish Modeller
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Willy said:

Thank you Phil thats great, I will wait for him to contact me.

Hi Willy,

No worries - welcome to DEMU!

I was the memb sec for a while - hence I know how it works.

Once you get onto the forum - do give an introduction to yourself!

You have no idea how much information you will have access to - there is so much covering so many subjects.

Thanks

Phil H

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t had a chance to reply to you Phil but just to say that I received my membership card and a welcome letter in very quick order along with several back issues of UPDate so I am well pleased. 

In the mean time thank you again for your help.

Willy

Edited by Willy