"RAILS" eBay Store Abbreviations

Right Away

• RMweb Gold

Apologies if this has been asked before ...... but I am having difficulty in deciphering the abbreviations in parenthesis at the end of items' descriptions on the Rails of Sheffield EBAY website. Some items may be classed as "NEW" but it would appear the many descriptors relate to a certain condition.

For example:  (UP)  (UV29)  (OS) 

What on earth are they meant to mean to a prospective buyer?

Thank you for any help.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As Rails is spread over 3 / 4 shops each with at least 2 floors, the majority of which is not accessible to the public,  l understand they are location codes as to where the stock is stored.  Often when l buy things in person the assistant will disappear for several minutes presumably on a trek to the other end of the buildings to fetch my item.  (or they could have just gone for a cuppa)

As others have suggested, a quick email or phone call to Rails should be able to set your mind at rest.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Free At Last said:

And when you find out, don't be helpful and report your findings here as anyone else who may want to know can also contact Rails.

The original posting was never intended to waste anyone's time but for some inexplicable reason has been received as such. 

I was unaware that a simple request for information should meet with such unwarranted sarcasm. Receiving comments of this nature is not conducive to the supposed camaraderie of the membership which, itself, is reliant on a friendly approach.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 hours ago, Right Away said:

Apologies if this has been asked before ...... but I am having difficulty in deciphering the abbreviations in parenthesis at the end of items' descriptions on the Rails of Sheffield EBAY website. Some items may be classed as "NEW" but it would appear the many descriptors relate to a certain condition.

For example:  (UP)  (UV29)  (OS) 

What on earth are they meant to mean to a prospective buyer?

Thank you for any help.

Almost certainly nothing. I would reckon it's a code for the pickers.

Jason

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 minutes ago, Right Away said:

The original posting was never intended to waste anyone's time but for some inexplicable reason has been received as such.  

I was unaware that a simple request for information should meet with such unwarranted sarcasm. Receiving comments of this nature is not conducive to the supposed camaraderie of the membership which, itself, is reliant on a friendly approach.

I also thought this was the purpose of the forum but you often see posts for help met with a  similar reply.

Then when someone posts that they have asked a query direct but not yet had any reply you get the 'give them a chance they may be  too busy, on holiday, sick,  ***,  to be answering emails.' 

As can be seen in another thread (now locked) that some have been waiting a long time for answers to direct emails.

***insert other excuse

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Right Away said:

Agreed,

Is that not what Forums are for? To ask questions and hopefully receive a suitable reply.

I am not sure Rails (or any other business) would be overly impressed if everybody with a trivial but nevertheless intriguing (if only to the asker) question rang them or emailed to find out an answer. There are only so many hours in a day and I bet they are quite busy carrying out their business as it is. ;)

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes just for clarification, the codes which are in brackets at the end of the titles (example (OS) ) are simply pick locations and are for our office reference only.

The codes are nothing to do with product other than where they are stored. 

Thanks

Oliver

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

• AY Mod locked this topic