Hornby announce additions to 2019 range

AY Mod

• Moderators

Hornby have announced additional items to their 2019 range including two new Terrier liveries. These items are available to order from retailers from today.

Details can be found on World of Railways

In addition to these announcements South Eastern are holding a Family Open Day at Ramsgate’s Engineering Depot on day 8th June. There will be access to view a selection of locomotives and rolling stock, a variety of model railway stands, (including Hornby) demonstrations, train rides and lots more, plus there will be an exciting announcement taking place at 10.30am! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Gold

The 3 “missing” coaches to make up the NMT are a nice addition

tempted to get them, blank the windows properly (not just printed on the glazing) and put the custom interiors i made for my  Lima conversion into them 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, truffy said:

I'm excited about the exciting announcement.

Hopefully, it will be more exciting than the mid-year model announcements (just my opinion).

Announcements of Announcements is the way forward!

GBRf Class 50's perhaps or a brand new model?????  Being at a South Eastern it could be an EMU, and with potential prototype on site too!

Regards,

C.

6 minutes ago, Ouroborus said:

Seems the 156 has an upgraded motor and is DCC ready, so maybe not too bad after all

All Hornby production has the Limby motor bogie , which runs very nicely indeed and is excellent in such units, along with all-wheel pickup . I bought a Central Trains 156 almost a decade ago and it has always been an excellent performer. Ditto my 3 x 153 and my 2 car 101 , all of  which run as well as anything on the layout. I rate this motor bogie highly - in a MU, and so long as you don't try hanging 20 x Mk1 off the back

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

You can tell it's summer when the Coca Cola Christmas train is in the shops. :jester:

I haven't been following the Terriers, but is that the first one with an extended bunker? Seems to be. I might pick one of those up rather than messing about with an old Dapol version I've got.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/locomotives/locomotives-by-class/a1x-terrier.html

Jason

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, John M Upton said:

3 hours ago, John M Upton said:

A hundred and twenty five sheets for the old Lima 156?

Crikey...

Three things an extremely well learned man in the world of model railways such as yourself has forgotten...

- You're looking at the RRP, Retailers will have it for approximately 15 quid less. The final price you pay is not that bad.
- It's upgraded with a 5-pole motor and DCC socket.

- Don't like it? Don't buy it. Pay twice that amount and get a Realtrack one. Both models well worth the money in their own respective tiers of the model train world.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hopefully Hornby will produce some reasonably priced spares for the 156. Could do with re-motoring some more Lima models. I also have a limby 156 needing a new motor.

Perhaps we'll see a TTS decoder for the 156 soon. I'd certainly buy a few!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, AY Mod said:

plus there will be an exciting announcement taking place at 10.30am! 

I'll have my phone handy for when I hear it :D

a variety of model railway stands, (including Hornby) demonstrations,

Intrigued by this bit, wonder where they're going to put  this lot, perhaps they're going to jack up a 375 and stick them underneath..........!

Stu