Hornby announce additions to 2019 range

AY Mod

13 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

What’s this new Hornby Club Members’ Lounge? Will it be any different to Bachmann’s I wonder? 

Red, rather than blue, wallpaper perhaps?

• Like 1

On 07/06/2019 at 18:41, Steamport Southport said:

Not many Southern 0-6-0Ts. Lasted well into BR days. Shares part of it's design with the H Class. .......................

Weeeeeelll ............................. only after the 'R's had been rebuilt to 'R1's when they got 'H' class boilers and 'Pagoda' cabs - they have nothing  significant in common below the footplate.

No. there weren't many Southern 0-6-0Ts to start with ! ( relative to the other groups ) G6 &E2 are probably the only other BR survivors missing in 4mm scale.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Wickham Green said:

Weeeeeelll ............................. only after the 'R's had been rebuilt to 'R1's when they got 'H' class boilers and 'Pagoda' cabs - they have nothing  significant in common below the footplate.

No. there weren't many Southern 0-6-0Ts to start with ! ( relative to the other groups ) G6 &E2 are probably the only other BR survivors missing in 4mm scale.

I thought we were talking about R1s?

Nobody made a R Class RTR. More of them than the P Class and people have hoovered them up for some bizarre reason.

Jason

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I thought we were talking about R1s?

Nobody made a R Class RTR. More of them than the P Class and people have hoovered them up for some bizarre reason.

Jason

Not so bizarre. 1) They are small and cute. 2) Well known in preservation.

• Agree 3

Any rumor of long range plans to do additional streamlined Merchant Navy's.  I  bough the 1941 21C1 Channel Packet more as a display shelf model, but am looking for a slightly modified higher numbered MN that would have been hauling the Atlantic Coast Express in 1946-47 Waterloo to Salisbury. Still Southern Malachite of course. I can't abide nationalization paint schemes and the subsdquent utter disfiguration of the class. 

When the new MN's were announced it was pointed out that the tooling design allowed almost all variations up to the full rebuild.

Now we have the Bullleid coaches and a fairly wide range of Maunsells with a proper 1945-47 MN we could have a fairly good RTR  recreation of the finest last flowering of the Southern. 

Edited by autocoach

On 08/06/2019 at 22:36, Hilux5972 said:

Ok the constant nipping at a certain someone by (at my guess) 75% of this forum is really getting tiring. Surely we can keep discussion of him to the appropriate thread? 

Yes, but our modelling colleague was disappointed at the news.  Only trying to cheer him up, by looking at the positive of something that didn't inspire him.  

How does the song go......"Things could be bad, things could be better, things could be bad and they could be much worse!"  (No wonder its raining round thee parts LOL!)

Regards,

C.