Bebington Signal Box

Siphon208

Afternoon all!

Does anyone have any info/pictures of this box, please? I'm researching this section of the Birkenhead to Chester line, and I would like some more info, if I can find it- I think it used to be next to the bridge over Bebington Road, but I'm not sure...….

• 1 month later...

Dean - The box was at the other end of the station - not the Bebington Road end. It can be seen in this blurry image of a Black 5 passing - about to enter the cutting through to Rock Ferry.

Bebington_Black5_FB.jpg.443f1cc12ea4d7bc2f411d65485eabab.jpg

This view was actually taken from the box, and the station (thus with Bebington Road just beyond the signals) can be seen in the distance.

Bebington_8Fdownfast1_Sep1959.jpg.0952bb38ccccc61c8495e3a565f52c64.jpg

I seem to recall a few photos appearing in a thread on here not too long ago, but I can't find it just now. I think it showed some of the interior. The only view I have of the box itself is of 9F 92046 passing at speed (or what a Box Brownie perceives as speed), taken by a friend of mine on 5th August 1967.

92046-050867.jpg.9e50d9ca3b036f923c669924d6c60aca.jpg

Hope it helps! Sorry about the tardy reply, but I've only just seen the question...

Edit:  managed to find the other thread I was taking about  (from flyingsignalman) at: 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/136116-an-lnwr-type-4-size-j-all-wooden-signal-cabin/&do=findComment&comment=3256131

Edited by billy_anorak59