Handsworth Works - Scalescenes Boxfile Layout in 00

4 minutes ago, Locksley said:

have to excuse the mostly arty farty shots, 

PSX_20190514_210235.jpg

PSX_20190516_220153.jpg

With photos of work as good as that I think, rather than excuse them, we would all want to request more! 

Great photos. Great work. Currently repainting a Sentinel myself so am looking forward to seeing your finished product. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, 1722 said:

With photos of work as good as that I think, rather than excuse them, we would all want to request more! 

Great photos. Great work. Currently repainting a Sentinel myself so am looking forward to seeing your finished product. 

Thanks very much Chris!

The Sentinel is a cracking model, I'm dying to get it back on the layout as I haven't even run it properly yet.

Just found your thread, love the boxfile! I got one for xmas but yet to build it, your pics have given me some inspiration. Did you add any additional detail or weathering to it?

Steve.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Just found your thread, love the boxfile! I got one for xmas but yet to build it, your pics have given me some inspiration. Did you add any additional detail or weathering to it?

Steve.

Cheers Steve! It's plenty of work but a lot of fun to assemble. No extra detailing as such yet, aside from the pallets/FLT/gas bottles and stuff, the structures are pretty much 'out of the box' (or printer). I have given everything a few blasts with the airbrush using mostly Tamiya Brown and Vallejo Khaki so far, focussing more on the join between the buildings and the ground, and then an overall mist of matt varnish, all of which improves the look even further. Not that it looks bad without it though.

• Thanks 1

It's not difficult to tell you have milmod experience, just by looking at the weathering. Excellent work and I will keep an eye on this one.

Maybe you should be doing the boxfile demo at the Midland Small Layout show on Saturday instead of me!

steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You only need a waft of Bovril, and the smell of sintered steel. And, just a tune or two from Slade, playing in the pub in the background. Very, very atmospheric. Nice! Just noticed the leant-up pallet as well. 

Top notch. "Yow aurrite, kidda?" "Just going over to Persher (Pershore) Rowd" 

I'm seriously impressed!

Ian.

• Thanks 1

Don't worry about the photos being "arty farty" @Locksley - they're great pics :)
Really nice looking layout, and great progress on it. The Sentinel looks superb too
More photos are always welcome too. 
The buildings look great - who needs loads of space for a layout? ;)

EDIT: This is just crying out for further box files to be added - to extend the scene whenever you want, and as much as you want.....

Edited by marc smith
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi Locksley it’s amazing what can be achieved by using a 3D resin printer, like you mentioned it open a lot of possibilities when modelling. 

The parts you have printed look great and when painted up and weathered will look even better.:good_mini:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I can remember seeing the scale scenes boxfile advertised in one of the railway magazines and for the price it’s a bargain.

Your boxfile layout is looking great with some nice weathering. Your Sentinel is looking fantastic.

• Thanks 1